Pop Piano Improvisation Lesson (Play your favourite song in 1 month! )

jonahheng

Pop Piano Improvisation Lesson:)
- Experience-guaranteed teaching in pop piano improvisation, with fully thought-out, structured and proven lesson plan
- You will learn how to play your favourite pop songs throughout the course!
- 1-on-1 private tutoring, no problem travelling to students' place to teach
- 1 hour per lesson, 1 lesson per week. $60/hour.
- For further enquiries and discussion, please contact piano tutor Jonah @ 97720259

Piano Tutor's Credentials:)
- Associate Diploma in Music Teaching
- Grade 8 Piano Practical ABRSM
- Grade 8 Piano Theory ABRSM
- Resident Keyboardist at The Chevrons Aug 15 - now
- Resident Keyboardist at Warren Golf and Country Club Dec 16 - now
- Resident Keyboardist at Serangoon Gardens Country Club Feb 17 - now
- Official Pianist of Cornerstone Evangelical Baptist Church Singapore (Chinese Service) June 15 - now
- Regular Pianist for Various Wedding Events and Gigs
- Ex Student Pop Band Music Director At Hwa Chong Junior College, Jan 13 - Dec 14
- 4 Years of Private Pop Piano Teaching Experience

Just like many of you out there, I started learning classical piano from a young age under the pressure of my parents. Routinely spending hours and hours practicing the same exam pieces just for the sake of a certificate made me question why I was doing what I was doing, and whether music was my interest after all.

It was only until I started playing piano for my church’s youth service that I started to be exposed to contemporary Christian music. This subsequently led me to pop, jazz, Mandopop, Cantopop, blues, funk and many other kinds of “modern” improvisational music that reignited my passion for music. That's when I decided to redirect my time, energy and focus into what I truly love – pop piano.

Committed to improving my skills, I spent years listening, practicing and jamming with local bands, in the process getting to know many full-time musicians and former local artists, and humbly learning from their what they had to share.

Today, I am enjoying my everyday work, being the resident keyboardist at The Chevrons and Warren Golf and Country Club, regular pianist for various wedding events, as well as the band leader of many local indie bands. And because of that, I really hope to share my experience and expertise with anyone who, just like me 12 years back, share a strong passion for pop piano improvisation but just needs a hand of help, motivation and proper guidance.

Pop Piano Improvisation Lesson :) :) :)

Learning piano is not about chasing a certificate. Its about discovering your passion and learning how to express your feelings through music.

Just like many of you out there, I started learning classical piano from a young age under the pressure of my parents. Routinely spending hours and hours practicing the same exam pieces just for the sake of a certificate made me question why I was doing what I was doing, and whether music was my interest after all.

It was only until I started playing piano for my church’s youth service that I started to be exposed to contemporary Christian music. This subsequently led me to pop, jazz, Mandopop, Cantopop, blues, funk and many other kinds of “modern” improvisational music that reignited my passion for music. That's when I decided to redirect my time, energy and focus into what I truly love – pop piano music.

Committed to improving my skills, I spent years listening, practicing and jamming with local bands, in the process getting to know many full-time musicians and former local artists, and humbly learning from their what they had to share.

Today, I am enjoying my everyday work, being the resident keyboardist at The Chevrons, Serangoon Gardens Country Club and Warren Golf and Country Club, regular pianist for various wedding events, as well as the band leader of many local indie bands. And because of that, I really hope to share my experience and expertise with anyone who, just like me 12 years back, share a strong passion for pop music / piano improvisation but just needs a hand of help, motivation and proper guidance.

Play-By-Ear Piano Lessons in Pop/Worship
- Experience-guaranteed teaching in pop piano improvisation, with fully thought-out, structured and proven lesson plan
- You will learn how to play your favourite pop songs throughout the course!
- 1-on-1 private tutoring, no problem travelling to students' place to teach
- 1 hour per lesson, 1 lesson per week. $60/hour.
- For further enquiries and discussion, please contact piano tutor Jonah @ 97720259

Piano Tutor's Credentials
- Associate Diploma in Music Teaching
- Grade 8 Piano Practical ABRSM
- Grade 8 Piano Theory ABRSM
- Ex Student Pop Band Music Director At Hwa Chong Junior College, Jan 13 - Dec 14
- Resident Keyboardist at The Chevrons Aug 15 - now
- Resident Keyboardist at Serangoon Gardens Country Club Feb 17 - now
- Official Pianist of Cornerstone Evangelical Baptist Church Singapore (Chinese Service) June 15 - now
- Regular Pianist for Various Wedding Events and Gigs
- 4 Years of Private Pop Piano Teaching Experience

I have been teaching private pop piano/keyboard lessons for nearly 4 years. For the past 4 years, I have been delivering fun, joy-filled and inspiring lessons in pop piano improvisation that not only allow my students to master their favourite English pop / Chinese pop / Worship songs quickly, but also help them grasp necessary skills/techniques in pop piano through the learning of these songs.

演员-薛之谦
Demonstrating to student how to use piano accompaniment techniques to sing and play

Last edited:
As The Deer - Worship Song. Teaching student how to use basic 1-5-8 left hand pattern to play chords in song recital.

Back