Piano Teacher Available (Classical, Pop, Jazz)

snkeys

Hi all,

My name is Simon and I'm offering piano lessons in classical, pop, jazz. I am able to travel to students' place and welcome students of all ages. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any enquiries at 9223-2392

Qualifications:
• Degree in Professional Music (Concentration in Performance & Jazz Composition)- Berklee College of Music
• ABRSM Grade 8 Distinction
• Yamaha Advanced Certificate in Electone and Fundamentals Grade 4

Experience, Performance, & Achievement Highlights:
• Performed as piano accompanist with the TAS Children’s Pop Choir at the Istana before President Tony Tan and Malaysia's Yang di-Pertuan Agong (head of state) Tuanku Alhaj Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah and their wives (2014)
• Performed daily with Guille & The B. Band as a regular band aboard the MSC Divina cruise ship (Miami). Played a wide range of musical genres, such as Rock & Roll, Blues, Pop, Jazz, Brazillian, Afro-Cuban, Raggae, etc. (2016)
• Recorded on albums, Guille & The B. Band (2015), Flame Of The Forest (2015)
• Featured, amongst 16 other students of the graduating cohort, in an article on Berklee College of Music's webpage, titled Personifying Art's Power, Class of 2017 Takes Reins.
• Represented Singapore at the Asia Electone Festival 2007, which was held at the Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld, Thailand, and clinched the 3rd Prize Award (Junior Section)

Approach:

As a teacher, I strive for my students to find joy in pursuing music. Each student is a unique individual with different strengths and goals. I begin by getting to know them, and finding out what motivates them, in order to strategize my teaching, and align, as best as possible, musical goals with the student's personal interests.

I like to emphasize on listening in order to develop a musical taste towards performance, instead of viewing a score as a mere set of instructions to be followed. In a long run, having a musical ear naturally informs the performance direction and in turn, technical requirements.

My eventual goal for each student is for them to grow into the full expression of themselves, and to be teachers of themselves.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 9223-2392

Back