Need help with connecting headphones to audio interface

Maschf

Hi guys, I'm really new to home recording and I just bought a Steinberg UR22mkII audio interface. I bought an open-back headphone (Samson SR850, still haven't received) to use as studio monitors (really on a tight budget here) but I noticed that there are 2 1/4'' line outputs.

So my question is what is the proper way to connect my headphones to the interface? Will plugging in to the 1/L line output work or do I have to use a splitter to combine the signals from both line outputs to a 3.5mm female jack?

I worry about panning and sound quality with the former option. Do I need extra gear? I use Cubase LE 9 btw.

Hey thanks for replying but there seems to be an issue.

I plugged in my standard in-ear ear piece into the front headphones jack and played my guitar but there's only sound from the left. The mix knob is turned all the way to DAW. The VST connections are mono in (from input 2) and stereo out. Did I put some connections wrongly? Thanks for helping.

Hey I figured it out the input has to be a TRS jack, I was using a TR jack looks like I have a lot to learn haha :p

Hey I figured it out the input has to be a TRS jack, I was using a TR jack looks like I have a lot to learn haha :p

I was setting up a fellow softie's home studio last night with similar issue. if you're using in-ear earphones most likely it's got a microphone on it. so it's a TRRS . check out this link for examples . https://www.provideocoalition.com/ts-trs-trrs-trrrs-combating-the-misconnection-epidemic/ . and as for the rear of your ur22mk2 , if you have normal PC speakers that use 1/8 Stereo (TRS) , you can get a cable like this or the RCA ones with adapters and female to female 1/8 , so you get this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/images...logy_YMP_434_Stereo_Mini_Female_to_408228.jpg , then plug into the audio interface it's fine as well. if you plug headphones in that, there's no volume control i believe.. you'll need a headphone amp of some sort. usually I use that for headphone amp and split into 4 more headphones for the band.

Back