Looking for Bandmates - (bass/drum/guitar/keys/vox)

kevin627

ABOUT ME =====
I’m 29, born and Raised in Toronto, Canada but I’ve been living in Asia for the past five years. I was in Beijing for two years completing a masters degree. During my time there I played rhythm guitar and sang lead vocals in a band called Half Step Down (here is an EP that I produced, I'm on rhythm guitar and lead vocals: https://half-step-down.bandcamp.com)

Next week (early July) I’m moving to Singapore for 4-years to pursue a PhD degree at NTU. So I’m looking to start a new band in Singapore.Ideally I would like to play rhythm guitar and sing backup (assuming I can find a very strong lead vocalist), but I am open to playing rhythm and singing lead if I find a strong second vocalist that plays an instrument. Having two vocalists is fine as long as our voices complement each other. I prefer a four piece band because its more manageable, but if the stars align, I’m open to a five piece band (rhythm, lead, vox, bass, drums). Also happy to replace a lead guitarist with a keyboardist. You can probably tell that I’m not really looking to form a casual band of beginners, I’m pretty intentional about music but the top priority is having fun. I’ve played in bands in the past that was too stressful with shows too often and I don’t want that. So I’d like to find the balance of being excellent while enjoying the process.

MEMBERS =====
See attached image

Definitely looking for:
- bassist
- drummer
Depending on the lineup, also looking for:
- lead guitarist/keyboardist that can sing backup/secondary
- lead vocalist that can also play an instrument

NOTES =====

Non-negotiable
Intrinsically Motivated – you play in a band for the love of music, not for making money or impressing friends
Responsible – you show up on time for rehearsal/gigs, well practiced, not stoned/drunk, respond in reasonable time
Professional – although this is a side hobby, you are not satisfied with mediocrity, you strive for excellence Direct – you don’t instigate bandmate drama, if you have an issue, you say it directly to someone, not behind their back to other bandmates, you can handle constructive criticism from bandmates
Skilled – you have played your respective instrument(s) for long enough that you are skilled and can add something of value to the band Fun – at the end of the day you’re in this for the love of music and to have fun, I think of my bandmates as close friends and I prefer to play with people that feel the same

Preferred
Experienced – you have played live in front of audiences, you have written and recorded music before
Grounded – you will be in Singapore for the foreseeable future (next few years ideally)
Located in West Singapore – not essential but geographic proximity definitely helps for rehearsal/jamming

CONTACT =====

Based on what I have written, I may seem very picky about bandmates – and I am.

I’ve realized that enjoying music has a lot to do with the people you play with, so similar values/motivation is important to me. If I don’t think I would enjoy playing music with you, I will tell you that you’re not what I’m looking for, and I hope you would do the same. At the end of the day, music has a lot to do with chemistry (in musical interests and personality), and without that chemistry its hard to enjoy making/playing music.

If we're on the same page, add me to WhatsApp (+86 156 0129 3500) and lets set up a time/place to jam. Tell me a little bit about yourself/music history (if you have recordings to share, please do) and ask me any questions you have. I'm Kevin (I'm in the middle on both pictures) - look forward to hearing from you!

Attachments

• Potential Lineups.jpg
    Potential Lineups.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 579
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_607 2.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_607 2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 581
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 578
Yo,

I am also looking for a band to Jam up with, but I usually play instrumental (as a solo guitarist) and record my own song and stuffs. So, I am looking for a position in Lead Guitar, but I can't sing :D. I listen to a lot of progressive rock/metal like Dream Theater but I also like Radiohead and, Nirvana; even though I've never learned their songs before. Here's a demo of a song I recorded several weeks ago: https://fouzynadjieb.bandcamp.com/.

Back