Making demo

sensoh95

Hi, I'm an aspiring artist and I'm wanting to create a demo but don't know how to. Can anyone teach me ? Thanks! :D

From,
Sen Soh

Re: Demo

What do you want to do? Maybe you can list them out and we can guide you along?

It will be easier if you can play a musical instrument already.

For now, you can record the song using your mobile phone and bring it to a music producer who is then able to help you create the music tracks.

How will I be able to record the song using my mobile phone when I don't even know how the tune of the song sounds like ?

How will I be able to record the song using my mobile phone when I don't even know how the tune of the song sounds like ?
1) Use your voice to hum the melody of the tune, film yourself using smartphone, if you don't have a melody for the lyrics of the song that you wrote, you can try ask around on soft looking for guitarist and you may pay him/her for the time if you're unable to pick up the guitars in time to write your own melody. if you don't have any lyrics for any of the song you intend to record
, you should start writing them. so as i was saying after humming the vocals .. 2) copy the video from phone to computer/laptop 3) play back the melody hum video, make sure the computer speakers is loud and clear, and selfie film yourself again with the speakers's music and sing this time. 3) upload to youtube 4) post it here to let us check it out.
P.S : @soft james, the forum reply abit screwy. enter key cannot work, sometimes space bar gets stuck .

I have successfully written 4 songs..but not sure if the lyrics is good or not...
For the step 1, can u help me find someone for the melody of the song? I'm not familiar with soft. Pls.

Hope you can find someone to help you with your melody soon.

Sure! I can help, what's your budget to engage sessionist for songwriting and recording? Usually I'd estimate about $200-$300 per song, just for the sessionist's time. Unless it's someone new looking for a portfolio. Or a kind hearted soul on soft forum who would be willing to help for less or free. Maybe you can consider posting the lyrics here maybe it'll inspire someone to write a melody for your track, at the same time we can give you inputs/feedback on the lyrics

Do you know how to build a recording studio at home? Like what r the things needed and how to install them ?

Back