Electric/Acoustic Guitarist • Seeking Friends (Or a Band) For Jam Sessions

sketchwish

Been a while since I've jammed..I want to get back into it.

It doesn't matter if you're male or female as long as you love and play good music. Or if you're just a drummer and want to jam out some good stuff.

I've been guitaring for 20 years now. I really dislike "just for show" stuff where people just play with ego or want to carry/use expensive equipment for the sake of doing so.

I love playing rock that also goes into experimenting chord variations and finding moods -– sometimes with Jazz infusions if the track/music permits.

I enjoy Incubus. I also listen to and am a huge fan of Deftones, but as far as ranges go.. It needs to be something that has depth and builds within the listener. A Perfect Circle is one I love to delve into every once in a while. I enjoy the experimental work of MEW. There's TOOL, for sure. Slipknot because I'm always excited to hear what Jim Root comes up with in their songs.

I got inspired to really play at age 11 when I first heard 'Head' of KoRn's riffs/licks. Love his feel for the sounds.

My favorite guitarists are John 5, Jim Root (Slipknot), Mark Morton (Lamb of God), Mike Einziger (Incubus of course), Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit), Omar Rodrigues (At The Drive-In, The Mars Volta) –– for their aesthetic taste they bring to the art of playing guitar. John Frusciante is incredible.There are lots more that will be too many to name.

I suspect I may have hidden talents at the drums too, although I've never really had a drum set or opportunities to test this out (yet).

Overall when it comes to jamming, I'd say I'm a dedicated player and serious about timing (of beats/notes). I can get technical but I enjoy talking about it more than being a 'technical' player, where my playing is more artful when jamming is concerned.

I hope I've given you enough of an idea to consider whether you'd like to play music with me. I'm an introvert as with many other musicians.

As of now.. I'm listening to Lamb of God, The Japanese House, Tchaikovsky (absolutely love Tchaikovsky when it comes to classical music), CHVRCHES, Blink-182's latest release California (and Deluxe tracks), Iron & Wine.

Last edited:
If it turns out to be a band and we begin performing.. hell yea!

Oh and regular meet-up acoustic jams/songwriting's cool too.

Back