Vocalist wanted for new angular rock band (Foals/Alt-J/Salt Cathedral)

Godspeed64

I'm looking to form an Angular Rock band, think Foals, Alt-J, old Salt Cathedral, and we are in need of a vocalist.
The music would have a heavy emphasis on groove and accessibility, with the finesse to venture into polyrhythm and complex arrangements.

What we need:
A capable frontman/frontwoman, that can occupy and own the stage. You need to be able to write lyrics in good English, layered in meaning, with interesting rhythmic flow and occasions for increased tenacity. It's fine if you're new, as long as you pick it up and you're eager to learn.

We're still solidifying the line-up, but currently we have a great base of experienced musicians.

Brief intro
Taufiq (guitars)
I've played in several bands, including Atlas, Your Sister's Postman, and Nohsh. My main influences would be Foals, Dios Trio, Tom Morello, Billy Corgan, TWDY, Fight Cloud, Tricot, and Brontide. I enjoy treating textures as a part of my instrument, coming up with rhythmically exciting parts, and turning it up to 11 when the song calls for it.

Ridhwan (guitars)
Wan's resume features wyd:syd, enec.e, Riot in Magenta, and most recently active with Adia Tay. His influences include Slowdive and Tycho, with an excellent ear for textures, intricate yet inviting melodic arrangements in lines.

Edmund (bass)
Edmund's repertoire includes playing bass for Sapporo Safaris, Your Sister's Postman, and Cold Shoulder. Always the multi-instrumentalist, he is adept at guitars, back-up singing, and drums as well. His influences span across Maximum the Hormones, John Mayer Trio, and Tricot. You can expect purposeful bass lines, accentuating tastefully, driving when needed and always carrying the groove.

Yul (drums)
Yul has experience in Nohsh, Estivate, Quaint Little Trinkets, and sessioning for Jonathan Meur. Her influences include Toe, Mutemath, Tangled Hair, Mouse on the Keys, and Local Natives. She is selective in her choice of playing, from simple groove-driven pulses to complex polyrhythm punctuation.

We intend to go far, and would require commitment from you. Our skill-set (outside the realm of playing) within the band is diverse, ranging from mixing, designing, leading, and marketing.

If you're excited to join us in this project, submit your portfolio to taufiqbmr@gmail.com or WhatsApp me at 90113112.

Currently we are all working and under our 30s, but I still expect a once-a-week arrangement in practice/writing. Hope to hear from you!

Bumping this for more applications. We've had many great entries and would love to survey for more styles.

Back