Linying Set To Make Her SXSW Debut

soft

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Universal Music Singapore, Foundation Music and Umami Records are pleased to announce that Linying will be making her SXSW debut in March. The music conference and festival, which is held annually in Austin, Texas has recently added more than 500 bands from all over the world, to the bill. The list includes representation from 36 countries with artists ranging in genre from indie rock to electronic to hip-hop and many more. Some of the more notable acts include Vegabon, Lydia Ainsworth, Open Mike Eagle and White Reaper. The music portion of the SXSW will take place between 13 -19 March 2017. More details of Linying’s performance date and time will follow soon.

Linying says, “I’m very much looking forward to playing in the U.S, and also really getting to see everything in action for the first time in this part of the world since joining Nettwerk. SXSW in particular was a bit of a little girl dream for me, and really it’s just strange to think of how many of my little girl dreams have been coming true, and from so far away in Singapore too. I’m very grateful.”

Linying’s rise to international prominence began with her early collaborations with European House giants, Felix Jaehn and Lost Frequencies in late 2014. The young singer-songwriter has since solidified her status as one of the most promising artists coming out of Asia, with her debut single ‘Sticky Leaves’ going viral on Spotify's global charts, amassing more than 3 million plays in 2016 alone.

Catching the ears of critics and listeners everywhere, her sound was praised by Billboard as being “poetic with earthy imagery and lush instrumentals”. BBC Radio 1 presenter Phil Taggart has named her as one to watch on his Future Firsts segment, while celebrity blogger Perez Hilton commended the "haunting" quality of her music. 2016 was a standout year for the songstress, whose debut EP, Paris 12, hit #1 on the iTunes Singapore chart upon release. She was listed as one of Spotify’s 25 most influential artists under the age of 25 and has recently completed a tour spanning across Europe, Asia, and Australia.

Listen to Paris 12 here: http://getmusic.lnk.to/p12ep

Last edited:
Back