SOLD Wts: 1964 Fender Stratocaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderalex

Hi
Throwing a flash sale for this amazing guitar for this week. No further reductions.

I inherited this guitar from a relative. It was in horrible shape (neck warped, headstock snapped & electronics corroded beyond repair)
I managed to save the body, screws, some hardware and the pickguard.

The body is a faded Sherwood Green Metallic that has aged quite nicely and for some weird reason, did not seem to have any trace of the rear cavity cover ever been installed (no screw holes). This could be due to the possibility that it might have been refinished to its current color some time later.

The salvaged neckplate with the serial number suggests that the guitar was made in 1964.
Bridge assembly is a brand new set of period-correct Gotoh replacement model that holds tune remarkably. Pickups are custom-wound to 60s specifications with good picking response.
Electronics comprises of CTS pots, CRL switch, Orange Drop Sprague tone cap, Switchcraft output jack and vintage cloth wires.
Tuners are a brand new set of vintage-styled Kluson locking tuners that have been reliced and aged to match the guitar.

The replacement neck is a satin finished modern 22-fret maple with Indian rosewood fretboard. Professionally aged and worn to match the original and fixed with the exact Fender logo that is consistent with the 1964 transitional period when the guitar was made.

Set up with comfortably low string action and the edges of the fingerboard have been nicely rolled off to give you that nicely broken-in feel.

All replacement parts were sourced from the US.

Priced at $700 till this weekend.

I understand that sadly, the major replacements ,although necessary, will affect the value of this vintage instrument. But I have a 1979 stratocaster with original case, parts and papers/tags that is valued at over $4000, so I know that my asking price of this listing is alot more than fair.

Welcome to view at my place in the west.
I may throw in the leather guitar strap that I got with it if you're nice and don't prove to be too much hassle. IMG_20170110_161728_HDR.jpgIMG_20170110_161927_HDR.jpgCollage 2017-01-10 16_36_53.jpgCollage 2017-01-10 16_37_55.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back