yamaha mx10xu mixer

stlee2015

if I connect this to the pc via usb, do I need to use something like an amp to connect to stereo out (on mixer), as passive speakers sound too soft for small speakers and n,o sound from tower speakers? Or just use an active 2.1 speakers?
anyone can help ? thanks :)

You will need a pair of active speakers (self-powered) or an amplifier-speakers combination.

You should plug a headphone into the mixer's phones output to make sure there's sound.

You should plug a headphone into the mixer's phones output to make sure there's sound.

head phones tested no issues. The speakers tested were all passive ones. Guess this mixer not strong enough to power bigger speakers, as my small passive creative speakers got sound but very soft. So guess an amp will be the answer. Just dont know which socket to plug in. As u can see the mixer outlay, stereo speakers r easy, just one red, one white jack. But amp ? :)

The mixer's output is not intended to power speakers. You can go check out Luther Music ( http://luthermusic.com/ ). They have quite a number of monitor speakers set up for testing. They are having a sale currently.

Back