Easing off metal and listening to rock now

jackadam

My metal addiction for the last 3 years is finally subsiding, now I'm finding alternative rock (big genre) to really mesh with me

What I loved about metal was the instrumental richness and it's fantasticness. Theatrics as Wiki would describe it, is the perfect word. That's absolutely what made me freaking love it. It's like blasting a performance song after song.
Then turn on the radio and it's like lol..

A few days ago, I forgot my iphone so I turned on the radio. Needless to say, the pop, rap, r & b, country, and latin music stations did nothing for me, if not annoy me.
Then I went ahead and listened to the one I could tolerate, the alt/christian rock station and I enjoyed it much more than I thought. It's like metal, but the singing replaces the role of the lead guitar.
It's a whole new sensation, that you don't get from metal. I can describe it as more soul and spirit.
There's also a theme where it's like "Get up and fight". Which is invigorating.
Metal (at least what I typically listen to) felt more like "Kill them all" embued me with anger. Which felt energizing in it's own way, but the way it makes me want to channel that energy felt different.
Metal made me want to ravage a house down with a sledge hammer, whereas rock made me want to build a temple.
Tags:
free ringtones, ringtone download free, iphone ringtones download free

Back