Help me get my first guitar

chowder97

Hi just created this account cos i feel this is the only place to ask where to get my first guitar from in singapore.

I've been procrastinating about getting one as i'm not sure what to look for in a guitar and have quite alot of questions.
1.Would like to play stuff like slash, metallica, jimi hendrix and ritchie blackmore and have a budget of 500 (is this a good enough budget plus i need to keep in mind of acessories)
2.I heard that for people who want to play a wide genre like mine that they should go for a stratocaster type guitar. Is this true?
3.Also, should i go for packages? browsing through these forums, i've seen some people say its not value for money but i have been eyeing the strat and slash les paul package from swee lee as it really removes the hassle of looking for accessories.
4.If i do buy a guitar on its own, what accessories should i go get it with? I'm not looking for gig level performance, just for me to hear for myself plus gig bag, amps pedals etc
5.Is buying online recommended?
6. Or second hand?
7.I do not have any experience learning guitar. Any recommendations on where to learn? I have seen videos like justin guitar tutorials but just want to see what others are recommending
i dont mind multiple recommendations as i know i will have to go down to the shops to try it out personally

Sorry for the long post or if this is the wrong place to post

Back