Drumkit advice

LightningJake

Hey,

I’ve mostly played Gretsch drums for the time I’ve been drumming. I love the Rolling Stones and the way Charlie Watts played. He’s plays Gretcsh so that influenced me and is why I got into playing that kit. I also like Ludwig though as I like the way John Bonham played and the sound that he got with Led Zeppelin.

johnbonham1.jpg

I’m thinking about buying a new kit but can’t really decide between the two different brands. I’ve been online to find bargain drum-kits for sale as my budget is a bit limited. Those two brands are pretty expensive though. It’s hard to find cheaper versions of their kits.

Does anyone have any ideas for drumkits from these two brands that are not too expensive but still sound pretty good? Or maybe even suggest an alternative brand that is cheaper but still good quality. I’ve just moved to Singapore, so I don’t really know which music shops to look in so any advice about that would be gratefully received too.

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

I’ve mostly played Gretsch drums for the time I’ve been drumming. I love the Rolling Stones and the way Charlie Watts played. He’s plays Gretcsh so that influenced me and is why I got into playing that kit. I also like Ludwig though as I like the way John Bonham played and the sound that he got with Led Zeppelin.

View attachment 22677

I’m thinking about buying a new kit but can’t really decide between the two different brands. I’ve been online to find bargain drum-kits for sale as my budget is a bit limited. Those two brands are pretty expensive though. It’s hard to find cheaper versions of their kits.

Does anyone have any ideas for drumkits from these two brands that are not too expensive but still sound pretty good? Or maybe even suggest an alternative brand that is cheaper but still good quality. I’ve just moved to Singapore, so I don’t really know which music shops to look in so any advice about that would be gratefully received too.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone got advice for a new drummer in town? Any good music shops I should check out?

Thanks!

HI there....I would advise u to go down to Peninsula Shopping Centre.... That's the hot-spot for all musicians..... U can find almost any brands there.....

Back