Need help from kind Veteran Drummers out there (E-Drums issue)

RandallWarhart

Hello everyone, I would like to ask for a kind favor from any of you drum veterans out there.

I am currently having a problem with my drums Mesh kickpad (Electronic drums), it is way too bouncy to deliver clean kicks into it. I just bought my drums 2 weeks ago and have contacted Swee Lee. They came down but unfortunately none of them were veterans/ technical experts at drums and hence I was told that it was my techniques that was the problem and not the drums itself (They said that it wasn't "defective" and I wouldn't have a refund if i wanted to). I have tried several tutorial videos (absolute beginner ones) and it just didn't feel natural to me, it was too bouncy to even play casually. I have tried everything from loosening the lugs, to spring action, and other beaters, it doesn't work.

I would like to ask if any kind souls here would be willing to investigate the issue, whether it is the drums or my techniques as they claimed. I will be more than willing to drive you to and from my house and buy you dinner afterwards.

Thank you!

What kit is it?

Sometimes it might be the build of the Styrofoam ( Sensors ) in the kick tower and you can't do much unless you change the kick tower or if not it might the skin might just feel bouncy. So I can suggest to either change the tower or change the skin of it!

I mostly doubt it is your technique

Whatsapp me a video of you playing it. hard to picture the exact problem.
#9049-7404.
Shea.

Last edited:
Is it possible to change the tension on your pedal to offset the bounce on the pad? Typically pads are difficult to alter in any way. You could try to put something like a fabric pad on the head where the beater hits.

Back