Gibson Custom ES-339 (Curly Maple Vintage Sunburst)

dtyw

Hi all,

I had this beauty up for sale a couple of months ago, but took it down soon after having some seller's remorse. I'm pretty firm that I'm letting this one go now, so hit me up to give her a test run! I don't expect it'll stay on the market for long

With a heavy heart I am considering letting one of my prized possessions go - a highly figured Gibson custom shop ES-339 in lush curly maple. Will be moving house soon and not doing this guitar justice with enough play time; looking to let her go to somebody who can really appreciate it. This piece was handpicked by me and flown in from the states. The flames on this guitar are absolutely stunning and I selected this piece out of many others. The aesthetics on this guitar is absolutely killer, I know my iPhone has a pretty good camera but the photos do not do this guitar justice! Must be viewed in person to appreciate.

The tone on this piece is a Monster - it can do high gain to blues to smooth jazz ala the Gibson 335. Probably one of the most versatile instruments I have had, but if you're looking at this ad I'm sure you've done enough research to know what the ES-339 is capable of.

This one comes with a vintage sunburst finish and has the 30/60 neck, which to my hands feel much more comfortable vs the 50s-style baseball bat necks. Usually when I list instruments for sale, I am obliged to give a score shy of perfect (only) if the guitar is in pristine condition... But this guitar is in MINT condition. Absolutely flawless, no scratches dings etc. I had it recently setup at Beez with 11s, and the neck and playability is spot on. COA and other certification are all intact.

Also - for those of you who are a stickler for details, the neck is stamped custom shop (see last pic). Not all ES-339s are stamped at the neck. The current production ES-339 have block inlays, kidney tuners (ugh) and do not come with the neck stamped custom shop. All important details if you are comparing various 339 models.

Letting this one go for $3,200. New piece at Swee Lee used to run $4,199 while they had it years back. The reiteration of this model is no longer in production, and if you are into flame bodied guitars, do yourself a favour and give this one a look - I have not seen another ES-339 with a flame as beautiful as this one. Lowballers will be politely ignored.

Not in a hurry at all to sell this particular piece, I will keep this one in my collection if there are no suitable buyers. Sincere peeps who are interested may drop me a text at 9128-9167 for more info or to arrange a test run. No trades please. Cheers!

gg1.jpg

gg2.jpg

gg3.jpg

gg4.jpg

Back