techniques and tricks

geca

pls lets share links here. share with me about chords and picking. here I started with chords scale, name it what ever...

There are Major, Major7, Minor, Dominant, Dominant7. I dont know how it categorize. im talking about the "family chords" thats how they called it. jumping on Major7 chords, the root, the 4th...and what else can be altered, then use the sus2, add2, the 9thy chords then add9, the 11thy chords then add 11, the 6thy, the augmented, the progression moves, ey yo... headache.

if it is possible, dont play all strings. lets start with triad then adding notes to it.
triad allowed other player to play other tones. triad never demand difficulties to grip fretboard. if all musician play the same notes and octave, it is not music.
think something that they never play, if thier chords going right, move to the left and play like a keyboard.

basic chords
Major, minor, dominant, diminished

lets start with 7thy chords, never play basic Major chords anymore since we want more.
diatonic theories
1(M7)-2(m7)-3(m7)-4(M7)-5(7)-6(m7)-7(m7b5)

from 7thy chords, try adding 9thy and 11thy chords
M7 -m9-m11 or 1/3 -M7 or M9 - 9 or 4/5 - m9 or m11 - m7b5 or dim

from here add also sus 2, add2, sus4, add4, add9, add11
applied only to all major chords.

then, learn the 4-5 moves
we can play back and forth between these chord while the 4th chord was playing.
learn also all kinds of voicing to engage dynamic playing.
our goal is play like a keyboard, dont just stay with the same chords throughout the song.
learn also the relative chords to play as options.

from here try now to mixed adjacent chords. this is demanding chords, it need stretching your finger up to 7 frets.
better to show picture, next time.

in every fret also there is a chord connectors to adjacent chord.

then lastly, playing jazz, use now the 13thy chord, chromatic lines, and comping.

ey yo! headache.

U have to know how chords are made and what those numbers represent Gadd 9.

Some basic music theory will really goes a long way. I highly recommend u learn the circle of fifth and triades formation using the 1st, 3rd and the 5th notes.

The "extra" will be those notes that u add on top of those triade. Remember u do not have to play all 3 notes (mainly the 1st,3rd n 5th) to be called a chord.

Get ur favourite sets of chords progressions and experiment by adding those notes u speak abt, eg Maj7 etc.

Back