Alvarez Yairi DYM95SB Acoustic Guitar -

cufflinkcraze

Top of the line masterworks
2006 model, discontinued
Condition excellent with normal play scuffs.

Tried to show the minor dings below the bridge in last photo.

Upgraded FMI nut
Upgraded Bone saddle
Upgraded Bone pins
Upgraded rosewood pickup
Custom Abalone fret block inlays
Comes with Hixcox liteflite case

This guitar is rare and one of a kind. Selling only to fund my school fees.
Year of production is 2006. the construction is all solid master-grade woods, with top grade East Indian Rosewood back and sides, a sitka spruce top with a nice tight grain, and the nicest piece of solid mahogany you've ever seen for the neck. The neck is joined to the body via a dovetail neck joint.

Solid spruce top
Solid Indian rosewood back and sides
Bound ebony fretboard
Handcrafted
Dovetail neck joint
Hand-carved bracing
Abalone rosette
Multi-ply body binding
Gold die-cast tuners with amber buttons

I have spent several years at guitar stores and at friends' homes playing Martins, Taylors, Gibsons, and I only vary rarely come across a guitar as good as the Yairi DYM 95. I would say that the Martin D-28, and certainly the D-45, are comparable to this guitar -- not better, but comparable -- that's how well-made these Yairi guitars are. Due to the slim carved neck, it plays like butter, easy, fast.

This guitar has more volume than a Standard Series rosewood Martin, and the tone is markedly more balanced. It has feather-touch response and superb note separation in chords. This guitar would function best as a recording guitar. The trebles and mids are almost supernaturally round and powerful - think of a supercharged nylon string classical - and the bass notes are clear and focused but not at all boomy; The sustain on this guitar is tremendous as is the dynamic flexibility; you can get really long singing soft notes out of this guitar when you need to strum a ballad.

Contact me at 9666 6493 for price and non-obligatory testing

- - - Updated - - -

Back