Looking to form new original rock band

chhou

Hi all,

I'm a beginner-intermediate guitarist (and sometimes vocalist) looking to form a casual rock band to jam and write some originals. Some bands I listen to include SCANDAL, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, Oasis, and THE ORAL CIGARETTES.

I'm hoping to look for a vocalist, a bassist and a drummer (and maybe a second guitarist!), who have at least reached basic competency at their instrument. For example, a song like http://guitarlist.net/bandscore/scandal/shoujos/shoujos2.php shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Also, it would be great if you are familiar with writing parts for your instrument or willing to try. I'm a beginner, so I'm looking for people who are willing to practice and improve with me. It'll be casual, so don't worry too much.

I've written two songs that have reached near completion, but have yet to be arranged for a band, so we can work that out together. :)

If you're interested, please reply in this thread and we can figure things out!

Cheers,
chhou

Hi all,

I'm a beginner-intermediate guitarist (and sometimes vocalist) looking to form a casual rock band to jam and write some originals. Some bands I listen to include SCANDAL, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, Oasis, and THE ORAL CIGARETTES.

I'm hoping to look for a vocalist, a bassist and a drummer (and maybe a second guitarist!), who have at least reached basic competency at their instrument. For example, a song like http://guitarlist.net/bandscore/scandal/shoujos/shoujos2.php shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Also, it would be great if you are familiar with writing parts for your instrument or willing to try. I'm a beginner, so I'm looking for people who are willing to practice and improve with me. It'll be casual, so don't worry too much.

I've written two songs that have reached near completion, but have yet to be arranged for a band, so we can work that out together. :)

Cheers,
chhou

Hi, im keen to explore what you propose especially for the originals part of it. Im a guitar player who hasnt been playing extensively for years but im looking to get more active in it again. Is there anywhere else that i can contact u as i hardly log on to soft. Probably you can drop me an email at yupcleve@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Hi im a drummer and im keen, i haven play for long and might need some time to get back on my tracks. Am I eligible?

Erm... i just joined today (upon seeing this thread), so i might not be able to reply fast as im unfamiliar with soft.com

Hi!

I'm a female vocalist, 19, and keen on also starting a new band. I listen to a lot more alternative stuff but am open to a lot of different genres as well such as jazz and r&b. I listen to a lot of Paramore, ATL, PTV (in terms of bands). Is this position still available? :DD

-Han

Hi all,

Cheers,
chhou

Hi are you guys still looking for a drummer? I have similar tastes as you! Really love Japanese music :) if you're still keen feel free to contact me at 83331885.

Last edited:
Back