Where got rehearsal studio that has kit with double bass/kick drums

vern

Hi

Anyone have any recommendations please? (asking for a friend)

Excuse the ignorance, but generally, if someone was doing thrash/metal and playing double bass drum pedal are two actual bass drums necessary or can make do with the beaters hitting one single bass drum?

Thanks

Will be quite tough to do semiquavers for song after song with just a single pedal.

Hey James
Yes, but I meant a double pedal on a single drum. I've seen drummers doing this, but it seems less common. Perhaps at speed, the skin vibration is interrupted by the next hit so this is less desirable? Seeking double bass drummers' expert opinions (and of course, studio reco) :)

Hi guys, I was brought to this thread by James and as a double bass drum player myself. I'll reply accordingly.

There are pros and cons to both, having a double bass drum and a double pedal with a single bass drum.

The pros of a double bass pedal on a single bass drum besides the obvious, carrying a pair of double pedal is better than carrying two bass drums, would be you don't have to tune two bass drums to be exactly the same tuning which would be difficult to attain.

Having two bass drums, Besides the visual aspects would be, you can set two individual bass drum "single" pedals to be exactly the same tension as opposed to having a slight lag on a slave pedal when playing a double pedal.

With regards to playing constant quick notes on the single bass drum with a double pedal on a single bass drum, when playing at a really really quick tempo, most drummers use triggers, as that is one of the best ways to get the bass drum sound to really come out and be as precise as well.

Thanks Brandon! Using triggers would definitely make sense. No joke doing constant 16 notes and getting that tone in a 2 hours concert.

Back