Singapore Drum Fest - Drum Off Singapore

Drum Off Singapore is here!! This is your chance to prove that you are the best drummer in Singapore. Sign up now on Singapore Drum Fest page!!

03 EDM.jpg

What Is The Registration Fee?
The registration will be $30 for (Open Category) and $20 for (Junior Category), it is to help us to cover the cost of the audition room and judges. Payment will be made on the day of Audition.

Where will the auditions be held?
All auditions will be held in Resorts World Sentosa Theatre.

What are the Eligibility requirements?
*Drum Off Singapore (Open Category) is open to All ladies and gentlemen that are Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident that are aged 12 yrs and above.
**Drum Off Junior (Junior Category) is open to All boys and girls residing in Singapore that are aged 11 yrs and below.

How Does The Competition Work?
- Auditions for Drum Off Singapore (Open category) will be held on the 24 July and auditions for Drum Off Singapore (Junior category) will be held on the 31 July at Resorts World Theatre.
- Top 8 contestants from each category will go through to compete in the Semi-Finals on the 13 Aug 2016.
- The Finals will be held during Singapore Drum Fest Ultimate Weekend 2016 on the 19 & 20 of Aug 2016.

How Much Time Do I Have For My Performance?
- Auditions / Heats You get five minutes to set up your instruments and five minutes or less to play a free form drum solo for the Auditions/Heats.
- Semi Finals For part 1, you get 3 minutes to play with one friend. They can play using any music instrument (E.g. Bass, Guitar, Piano etc.). If you are unable to find a friend to perform with, you can play to an edited drum-less track of your choice for 3 minutes. For part 2, you will need to perform a 4 min drum solo.
- Finals (Open category only)You will form your own 4 piece band. They can play using any music instruments (E.g. Bassist, Guitar, Piano etc.). However, no singers are allowed in the band. For Part 1.1 Your band will play a slow number (bpm >75) that is 2 mins long and has to include a drum solo that last 8 bars.For Part 1.2 Your band will play an up tempo number (bpm <120) that is 2 mins long and has to include a drum solo that last at least 4 bars. Note that part 1.1 must transit smoothly without pauses to part 1.2For Part 2, you will need to perform a 4 min drum solo and end flawlessly with band in less than 8 bars of final band music.
- Finals (Junior category only)You will form your own 4 piece band. They can play using any music instruments (E.g. Bassist, Guitar, Piano etc.). However, no singers are allowed in the band. For Part 1 You will play a music piece of your choice for 3 mins. For part 2, You will need to perform a 2 to 3 min drum solo.

What Will The Auditions Provide Me To Use?

The auditions will have a standard five-piece drum kit complete with a kick drum, floor tom, snare drum and 2 tom toms. Cymbals provided will be ride cymbal, hi-hat, 2 crash cymbals and one additional cymbal stand. In your limited five minute set-up time, you will be allowed to adjust the set if you wish.

Can I Bring My Own Gear?
You are allowed to use your own snare drum, drum sticks, kick pedal, drum throne and effect type cymbals. Do not attempt to bring anything other than what is listed earlier.

What Are The Judges Looking For?
Your performance will be judged on skills/technique, groove, originality, creativity, stage presence and overall performance. Irrelevant or unrelated gimmicks/tricks during performance might contribute a risk in loss of points from our esteem judges. If you want to use them, make sure they add value to your drum performance.

*If you have any other questions, you can email us at zhizhong@fest-events.com or call us at 67430781 for more information.

Back