Need your thoughts on Custom Acoustic DR 68

Hi there! I had it since 2012, recently broke the neck due to a freak accident but fixed it and it still holds up 12s pretty well.
ITS A BEAST. I love love strumming with it, very versatile, fingerstyle, blues, rock, standalone acoustic settings, huge projection. If you dont go for brands, but want a beautiful looking and playable guitar. this is the best choice ever. the abalone bindings are GORGEOUS.

Fit elixrs 12s on them and get them set-up every year, upgrade the pickups to lr baggs when you think have the capacity to do so. Take care of them and you'll have endless returns.

Great purchase!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd mention the b-band is pretty good too so dont even worry about it. the tuners dont even need changing, just need to maintain it everytime you change strings. wipe down is enough :)

Hi TYSM for replying

Great to hear from another owner! Was thinking of upgrading with

1) fmi saddle & nut
2) lr baggs anthem pick up
3) Accessory - Lr baggs para di

Wondering how your 2012 dr68 piece open up for the sounds ��

No worries.
The thing about upgrading is that you'd want to be sure that you've maxed out the potential of what you've already have. I've personally not done any upgrades but I like what I hear already from the guitarbut I'll share with you my opinion on upgrades

1) fmi saddle - bone saddle that comes with it is good enough Imho. Do it when you've worn down the saddles.

2) anthem - definitely will change it to this pick up if not for my broken neck.

3) acessory: no comment.

Yes it opens up really well. It's a nice bright sounding guitar. But as you age, it will mellow aand open up with lots of beautiful character. love it.

Back