Aguilar Tone Hammer vs Hartke Bass Attack vs Sansamp Bass Driver

enzo10

Hi,
I recently join a metalcore band (a new genre I ventured into).

So after somd research, I found out that these 3 pedals are most commonly used & i would love to hear opinions & pros and cons regarding these 3 before I decide.

If it helps, the sound I wanted to emulate is like bands like hands like houses, of mice & men, northlane, devil wears prada etc.

Thanks in advance & if you could recommend some other pedals for this kind of genre, that would also be helpful!

Personally I use MXR Bass DI. It has a "color" button that darkens your tone... great for Rock/Metal music

I would also recommend Sansamp Bass Driver as it also has the functionality to darken you tone...

The tonehammer isn't necessarily a 'dark' pre-amp pedal. It does just what it says which is to boost or cut the signals across the 4 band EQ so you can dial in your own tone.
Aside from that, the only other 2 functions it has are the gain knob which adds some 'heat' and drive into your tone, as well as the AGS switch which turns your bass into a John Entwhistle-type machine with loads of overdrive. I play in church but funny enough, I got my TH off a bloke who plays deathcore (I live in Australia) and he said his Sansamp was sufficient for what he needed, along with a couple of other effects.

Back