How to connect a Yamaha DTXpress special edition IV to a PC and record

Alex

Hey Guys
This is Alex. I picked up a DTXpress IV special edition ( I dont think its in production anymore).
I would like to know how I could do some recording with the kit
- What module do I connect to the kit and how ??
- What soft ware do I use on the comp ??

I was told that I need to change the module co the DTXpress does not have individual outputs for snare, hi hat , toms
I was given suggestions on iRig, Focusrite , .. any advice from the community ..

waiting to hear from you guys
cheers
Alex

You can connect the Audio-Out from the drum module to your computer's Audio-In and use any recording software to record. You will be recording the drum sound that is available in your drum module.

Another way is to trigger drum samples via midi and record via a sequencing software.

Drum module's MIDI OUT -> Computer's USB

You can connect the Audio-Out from the drum module to your computer's Audio-In and use any recording software to record. You will be recording the drum sound that is available in your drum module.

Another way is to trigger drum samples via midi and record via a sequencing software.

Drum module's MIDI OUT -> Computer's USB

Hey Thanks
Ok sorry for the retarded questions
1. Where exactly is the audio in ?? on the computer ( I meant laptop)
2. the module 'MIDI OUT' to the laptops USB seems to be more feasible
3. ANy suggestions on recording software that is easy to work with .. I did give Audacity a shot a while back.. but I didnt do most of the work .. my guitar player did.
I was given suggestions of 'superior drummer' , 'studio one' .. cant recall the others .. do let me know
Thanks so much once again

Yes, the Focusrite would be just fine.

The link you posted includes some microphones, do you need that?

Last edited:
Yes, the Focusrite would be just fine.

The link you posted includes some microphones, do you need that?

The Focusrite was suggested by a friend who is a sound engineer, my former bass player
The head phones and the rest you see was part of the deal on Amazon..
I'm yet to pick up the stuff
Thanks once again for the advice
if any other bits of advice happen to cross your minds.. on any one elses for that matter
Please Please do let me know
Peace out .. God bless .. Long Live Rock n Roll
Alex

Back