Anyone else looking to lower impact noise from their e-drumkits?

mechanevil

Hey, I have an e-drumkit and recently received my first complaint from a neighbour.

I quickly discerned that the problem was the thumping sound of my pedal on the floor, as well as the bass drum impact being transmitted through the floor and ceiling.

Did some research on impact dampening and one option is those tennis ball risers or another type of problem involving a car tyre. But I quickly surmised that this kind of thing was not practical in an apartment, too much construction involved too.

I came across the idea of using gym mats, you know, the type they use in weight lifting rooms and the like. These are basically thick rubber sheets that will keep their shape under the weight of dropped weights, or say an electronic drumkit. They lower impact noise too.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find rubber sheets of the sort and size I need in Singapore. Can find some smaller tiles, but they cost an arm and a leg. Anyone know where I can get a 4 foot by 6 foot sheet of 3/4" thick rubber in Singapore?

I found an overseas site, greatmats.com, that has those kinds of sheets and they seem reasonably priced. Unfortunately, they require a minimum order of 5 mats, which is too much for my requirement. I was looking at just two of them.

Would anyone be interested in a group buy? I need two sheets, so looking for people to pick up three of the sheets.

Of course, the best solution would be if I can find a local source of a rubber sheet of desired dimensions in Singapore, so if anyone knows where I can get it, do let me know.

Back