Looking for an Electric Guitar!

andrewtanjy

Hey guys,

Brand new in the forum and I am picking up electric guitar. Currently, I am looking for an electric guitar thats between 1k - 2k, doesn't really matter in terms of brand, type, etc. I am more inclined to blues type of music but do play other types as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Andrew

So I have picked a few that I found looks great and have pretty good reviews.

1) American deluxe strat
2) Yamaha Pacifica
3) Reverend Six Gun

Not too sure about the Reverend cause I understand its only available in US but heard from a friend that someone is selling the Six Gun. Anyone got any idea or feel on how it sounds and feels?

If you are just starting out, pick the telecaster. Go look up Fender Telecaster on Swee Lee website, they should have a pretty wide range of it. Telecasters are very versatile and blues work great on them. They just got the twangy kind of sound. If you heading more towards rock, go for the Les Paul with the thick sound. Les Paul's can come in the affordable Epiphone range or the premium Gibson range. If you do like really a lot of blues get the semi hollow bodies like ES-335 or ES-339. If you are a metal head go over to the Ibanez range, they make crazy metal guitars. If you still can't decide which guitar to buy, then get the American Fender Stratocaster. You will never go wrong with that.

Hey, there, welcome to the board :)

I won't pick any guitar & tie it down to a specific music genre. My take would be for you to go try your wish list instruments & invest in the one with the most appeal to you in terms of tone & playability.

tele+full+pic.jpg

In the mean time, my Telecaster handles black metal just as well :)

Hey guys, thanks for your responses. It helped in opening up my choices to a larger variety.

Sub, very nice Tele there, always liked that colour!

I have tried out all three of my selections and a few others (but not really worth mentioning) and have these as my thoughts. In a nutshell, the Reverend Six Gun wins hands down. Seriously an amazing guitar! Very solid build and very very very nice tones compared to the Fender American Deluxe Strat. I was quite wary of the shape as well in terms of ergonomics and feel for the Reverend, but it seems very comfortable to play with it whether standing or sitting (I tested it for a good 30 mins and felt I could go on forever). They have this very interesting base contour knob which helps control the bass volume and really is something that helps bring in a whole new spectrum of tones. Price wise, the Six Gun is approx $1400 while the Fender goes for about $2300 and has essentially all the features of the Fender. Really very excited to get it and have ordered it in a rather sexy unique looking chronic blue!

Will post some pictures on the gear page in the future.

Back