Looking for a volunteer electric guitar instructor

Rie Kitahara

Hi there!I am currently self-learning electric guitar.I have a band but my skill level is not up to standard yet and there is not much improvements in my playing.However I always aspire to play the guitar relatively well and achieve my dream to perform live one day.

As such,I am wondering if there is any electric guitar instructor out there who can guide me along in the process of picking up the essential techniques needed to be a 'qualified' guitarist.I can't afford lessons so the instructor must be willing to teach me out of good will without charging me for a fee and commited to help me achieve my dream.
It don't have been a lesson.Give me some tips,notes,advice etc is also fine.
Hope to hear good news soon!

Hi Rie,

There are many self-taught guitarist like Mark Tremonti is basically self-taught. But he is pretty much learn from videos and books that help him to develop overtime. Stay focus that what you gonna achieve first like chords, rhythm, scales on either theory or playing.

I've play guitar more than 10 years and still correcting my tecniques because of many wrong techniques that had been taught by myself and several guitar teachers. I went to US and have couple lessons from my favourite artist and is charging USD 60 per hour. I found out my playing wise and theory wise far more better than before. As i get clearer picture what is behind of every chords or note i play.

You have to at least know some basic theory with a guitar teacher (or i can show you some youtube videos) before you can go for advance playing.

Remember practice/learning in your room is totally different that playing live. It takes a long journey to be successful stage performer such as to break the stage fright. Play in live also depends alot on dynamics, control balancing, guitar accent, rhythm and cohesiveness with band.

Another element is finding your own tone like which amps and effects that you are going to use. So overall they are quite complex. It is hard to explain in one essay.

However, hit me up if you have any question on terrancetan21@gmail.com

Enjoy your journey to electric guitar!

Hey dude, I started e-guit 3 years ago and self-taught myself everything up till this point in my life. I agree with tstan7 on all of his points as I can testify to it. For technical skills just look up around YouTube, there are tons of tutorials there. I basically learnt all my sweeping, alternate-picking, whammying, vibrato, etc. just by going on YouTube. If this even helps, find the songs you wanna learn and see covers of them. I usually repeat that one video in x0.25 mode a thousand times just to learn how that player did it. It takes even more work on research alone. How does this guitar sound... Differences between this and that... What is dotted 8th delay... So many questions, but somehow I will find the answers. One particular website I can share is fretjam.com . The amount of music theory there is enough to keep you entertained for weeks. On YouTube go look for guitarlessons365 channel; most of the time after you learn your song you probably already picked up a new technique. And these are just some examples of how to self-learn e-guit. Just never stop letting your hunger to learn more die out and trust me, one day, you will reach live performance on your dream stage.

Back