Local Modular Synth Scene?

Outtatune

Is anyone doing the modular synth thing here in SG? I'm returning to music after a few years off and have started putting together a (mostly) DIY Eurorack system by ordering kits from Europe and spending way too much time at Sim Lim Tower hunting down old chips.

Pix. Breadboarding some true DIY designs...
Breadboard.jpg

Adding and testing modules in the rack...
Eurorack_1.jpg

EDIT: Hold the phone for landscape next time. Got it.

Either. If ur looking for a CA3080 chip or organizing an experimental electronic music night at the Prince of Wales, I'd love to hear it.

I went a bit too early to the NUS EML event (12:30) James mentioned and couldn't stick around so don't know if it was laptops, commercial synths, or modulars that was the darling of the event.

I was a gigging keyboard player before (pop rock covers) and would love to get back on stage at some point. Interested to hear what any and all electronic music players are doing.

Either. If ur looking for a CA3080 chip or organizing an experimental electronic music night at the Prince of Wales, I'd love to hear it.

I went a bit too early to the NUS EML event (12:30) James mentioned and couldn't stick around so don't know if it was laptops, commercial synths, or modulars that was the darling of the event.

I was a gigging keyboard player before (pop rock covers) and would love to get back on stage at some point. Interested to hear what any and all electronic music players are doing.

Hey cool to hear of this! I was the person who initiated the Synth Meet at Le Park that Sat. From your pictures, I can see that you've been building "fonik" modules as well. I've done quite a few of those too here and would be happy to connect up with you!

The modular scene here is pretty new and, after that EML event, I'm planning for more meet up events in 2016. Let me know if you have ideas too! :-D

As for CA3080, how many are you looking for? I'll see if I have any to spare coz there are some DIYs I'm planning on that may require me to use my 3080s :)

Nice to have met you here!
Take care!

Q

IMG_2551.jpg

Thanks for the post Q! I've been a very busy boy this holiday season :) Above photo is where it stands so far. Off screen is the Fonik 555 VCO I've been unable to bring to life (a troubleshooting work in progress)... and the Octatrack my santarina gave me for xmas to drive some of the modules. Lots more work to do in the coming weeks/months to get this to where I want it to be, and to get something portable going.

I'll PM you my contact details. PS I actually have something like 20+ untested 3080s if you need more.

Ok looking forward to it!
Meanwhile if you are on Facebook, do a search for "SG Synthesizers Group".
There you can hook up to our smallish community of synth heads!

Q

Back