Where are all the matured guitarist/ drummers ?

I see lots of mature and senior as well the younger ones..bands all over internet,, since our subject are about the seniors & the pioneers generation , i guess most like the reason(s) for not able to find time to relax and "keep on rocking in the free world" is becoz most of them are not free YET,, this is not the priority to do yet,..so goes the motivation,, not becoz they have no passion, all becoz they are not so free yet,, family, kids,, still so young,, business or work to handle, overtime,,So daddy and mummy are the "responsibility" for the family,, the lucky young ones will have the time and money..and financial is the biggest part of everyone's life today,..

So yeah! what's influence you and what do you play if you have time and dollar$ to jam? I'm second to that.

I do agree that the older folks have more responsibillities in having to bring home the bacon, so to speak, but the younger fellas also have their exams etc too. Financial wise , I think older gen have the edge since they are suppose to be more stable in the career side, whereas the younger gen is still starting out , and some still needing parents support. Guess no time is really relative, cos in every thing else, u just got to make time to come together to jam. Just think of it as a form of de-stressing or relaxation, like going to the gym or a game of golf , for e.g.. Guess it is easier said than done as "making time " is a real "pain". Thank goodness oldies are supposed to be more mature and understanding, and there is really nothing to prove, as it is a fun jam and not doing it for the money, at least not the priority, so no pressure. So not suppose to blow a fuse if jamming gets postpone cos some are not free for e.g. :)Relax :)

seems quite a lot of "senior gentlemen" here. Haven't seen "senior gentleladies" still keen though, which is common. So who wants to jam for fun to the likes of bon jovi, journey, deep purple, led zeppelin, survivor, beatles, etc, or whoever in this era ? :) :)

am sure we could try it out :)

for fun jamming to de-stress, I am sure very possible. As I look at it , only rustiness and coordination and logistics to get together since most are working folks is the more gravity defying issue. Of course, being "old" , all should be more mature to overlook and "tolerate" more if mistakes are made . Don't know about you, a lot of young hot air outbursts went out the window for me long time ago. :) Life is shorter than we think, once u exceed a certain line, so chill man and enjoy while we can , right ? :) haha

So, who do we have?

Not too sure, as u can see this thread was started in 2015 , think by watz. Look through the timeline and can see some keen hidden talents , but cos no one really consolidate it (also this is kopi tiam section, not the "looking for " section, a bit inappropriate to go off topic. Unless u keen and others of course , then can take this off this section , so as not to disturb the section's direction for kopi tiam talk :) Only olddies need apply, haha :):)

not surprising then , that those super good keyboardists of past glory are even a more rare breed to find , seeing that the 80s rock ballads use a lot , a lot of keyboard for their songs. Is keyboard the first to give up easily or it is too loud to continue alone , after the hip of regular jamming is over.?
Halo, halo, any senior keyboardists around keen to jam anymore ? :) :)

I am 42 and is opened for any coffeeshop chat......but I tell u first my genre is mostly gospel though I am opened to Pop Jazz, modern, etc.

I am 42 and is opened for any coffeeshop chat......but I tell u first my genre is mostly gospel though I am opened to Pop Jazz, modern, etc.

Maria Carey, Whitney Houston etc also started their career and music from church :) But hey, look at their great songs produced . Background is a personal thing , ya. Music is universal language , haha :)

When I come to Soft.com.sg, I see mostly guitarist/ drummers in their teens or early twenties. Where are the matured musicians in their 30s and 40s ? Have they retired ? I am in my thirties but I am so pai sey to look for band members.

Hi,,

may i know what are your genre and the instrument you play?

Latest posts

Back