Chen Qi Zhen

penguin55

Hi all, speaking of taiwan music, I think Chen Qi Zhen is a great singer and composer. total pwnage of the rest of the taiwan pop factory products. any fellow listeners?

Me! Haha. Though I don't like to admit I like some of her songs since I'm actually a die-hard metalhead. I think her voice is really soothing on your ears when you just want to relax and chill.

I love her song "Tang Zai Ni De Yi Gui" (Lying in your closet). Can just listen to it over and over again :D

yes, she's a refreshing composer.

Another singer/composer I like is Penny Dai :)
Very melodic and refreshing as well

yea, i think she's good too, but haven really got to listen to more of her less radio-played songs, but realised she's more well known than qi zhen, anyone went to her gig last month?(qi zhen i mean)

i like her too!
eventhough i'm always go for heavy stuffs.
but her voice and her stuffs really helps when i juz need some rest =p

Yeah...bought her latest Live CD with DVD set....fantastic...
Ever since I heard their materials... really loved it... since listening after having it in my CD player for months.. hahaha...

My fave track is "Hai Shi Hui Ji Muo"...got very nice bass lines... heez.. and the feel of the song overall is nice and refreshing..

I'm also finding for a Chinese Pop band to form up to jam her materials.. Anyway, I play the bass.. :)

~Aloysius Zen~

Breakbeat theory gig? Was it the one held at the ArtHouse? If it is, then I think I am the one.. hahaha... I'm guessing u're KH rite? *smirk*

~aloychow~

Last edited:
I don't understand chinese, but I've always known her as 'cheer chen'. I like her music, my other favorite taiwanese 'indie' singer-songwriter is Deserts Xuan, but I find her new album too mainstream for my tastes. I want my coffeehouse music back damnit!

Also I love Cao Fang, but I think she is from mainland china.

cheer chen

Hi there,

I like cheer chen too. After many years of Jpop/rock music, she's the only one who caused me to go buy a chinese cd in years since 1994.

Went to her live at expo. But a bit pissed cos after first quarter of live, all ppl stand on chairs for no reason and i see at all!! can only watch the big projector screen.

If you or other bands got jam her songs, I dun mind do vocals hehehe..

cheer rocks!!!

yuu

cheer chen

My fave track is "Hai Shi Hui Ji Muo"...got very nice bass lines... heez.. and the feel of the song overall is nice and refreshing..

~Aloysius Zen~[/QUOTE]

Hai Shi Hui Ji Mo was covered by Sammi Cheng, and she used this particular song for her Taiwan Concert back in early 2000's.

I've been a fan since I was 14! I always wanted to date a girl like her; you know, the 'talented girl next door who writes simple easy going memorable folk songs'?

Guess what guys..?I finally found her! She doesn't write or compose, but we are perfoming every last Friday of the month, covering Cheer Chen's song. We will attempt some of her tracks this time. Hope to see you there. PM me if you are keen. :)

Cheers,
TF

Wuuuu!! Cool thing...where can I catch you guys play Cheer Chen songs!! If I go down, can play "Hai Shi Hui Ji Muo" for me to hear?? heez... :)

Back