Cello lessons for pop or classical

Charles Lee JS

Hi ,My name is Charles Lee and I am currently completing my Diploma of Music and Audio Technology at Singapore Polytechnic.

I was under the tutelage of SCO bassist Wang Lu Yao and SSO bassist Wang Xu and currently am under the tutelage of SSO cellist Song Woon Teng. I have performed on many stages in Singapore such as the Marina Float , Esplanade Concert Hall , SOTA concert hall , Gardens By the Bay , New National Stadium. I have performed many genres of music ranging from Chinese classical to Western genres such as classical , jazz and pop. I am able to ensure that the student would experience and learn the most out of the time while he/ she is playing the cello. As I understand the hardship of learning an instrument without properly guiding , I am able to provide much easier ideas and tips for the student to learn and understand which in my opinion is better than forcing them to play etudes and practice pieces all day. As I have been teaching cello for about 3 years ,I am able to ensure that the student will be able to practise efficiently and effective and make the most out of their time and money. I believe that grades are not as important as understanding the instrument and being able to make the best sound out of your cello through the right guidance and techniques. I know many friends who force themselves to practise and attain high grades in the Cello ABRSM but when I give them a simple chord progression to improvise on , they are completely stuck.Personally I have attained Grade 6 Cello from NUS. I can help the students find their creative self and bring them to their fullest potential.And of course , I strive to make sure that the student has fun during this entire process and make practising a joy and not a chore. My rates are $45/hr if the student is travelling to my place , if i am required to go the student's house an additional $5 will be added for transport .

The list below shows the performances I have participated in:
(2011) World Orchid Conference @ Gardens By The Bay
(2012) National Education Festival @ Evergreen Secondary School
(2012) River Hong Bao Performance @ Marina The Float
(2012) Musician's Society of Singapore @ Esplanade concert hall
(2014) Our People Our Music @ New National Stadium
(2014) Library E-resource gig @ Singapore Polytechinic
(2014) Classical Renaissance 15 @ SOTA concert hall
(2015) Musical Delights @ Esplanade concert hall
(2015) Beautiful Sunday @ Esplanade concert hall

Feel free to contact me at 98261684 or charleslee97@hotmail.com. Thank you for your consideration.

Charles Lee

Back