Where to adjust martin acoustic guitar

Cranberry77

Hi guys, i've got martin acoustic guitar. any idea where to bring to adjust the action? it's brand new and it seems pretty high : around 5mm high on 14th fret

Have you checked out The Guitar Spa? I think a guy called Jarvis runs it and from his youtube videos seem very knowledgeable.

Adjusting the action is actually as easy as sanding the bottom of the bridge saddle down but there are so many other factors to consider with an acoustic such as the climate acclimation, neck angle, current saddle height, neck relief, nut slot depths etc etc etc and their relation to each other. Getting an experienced tech to set it up would be helpful to preserve the integrity and playability of your instrument.

Happy picking! :D

I found there is a Ray in Guitar Spa at the basement of Peninsula. Are they the same as the Jarvis you mentioned.

Have you checked out The Guitar Spa? I think a guy called Jarvis runs it and from his youtube videos seem very knowledgeable.

Adjusting the action is actually as easy as sanding the bottom of the bridge saddle down but there are so many other factors to consider with an acoustic such as the climate acclimation, neck angle, current saddle height, neck relief, nut slot depths etc etc etc and their relation to each other. Getting an experienced tech to set it up would be helpful to preserve the integrity and playability of your instrument.

Happy picking! :D

If you purchased your Martin from City Music within a year, it should still be under warrenty and you can get it set up for free.

Last edited:
Back