Jack & Danny Brothers guitars

benben114

Hey guys! I'm intending to buy a Jack & Danny Guitar. And i saw this model DG-108 . just wanna ask if anyone knows the wood of this guitar, more specifically the top of the guitar? I saw a page saying it's a maple top but i'm not very sure about that cause it doesn't look like it!

Hey guys! I'm intending to buy a Jack & Danny Guitar. And i saw this model DG-108 . just wanna ask if anyone knows the wood of this guitar, more specifically the top of the guitar? I saw a page saying it's a maple top but i'm not very sure about that cause it doesn't look like it!

... And Bridge. Try to get the 1st generation (be 2012 or earlier )used model. I think they sound better.

I've always been curious about J&D guitars. I know they occupy mostly the beginner instrument market, but their designs and looks always belie their cost. Some of them really look fantastic, I saw a J&D stratocaster in natural blue finish that looked absolutely gorgeous for $200 secondhand.

That being said, from the couple of times i've played their eguits, I wasn't blown away. But they were pretty good.

I own a DG-Solo Cedar CEQ. Yes, value for money, and it sounds great, but it's obviously a budget instrument as it has obvious compromises (mostly cosmetic). I'm not saying all J&Ds are bad, just that they can be very inconsistent. Then again, big-name brands can be very inconsistent too. Try before you buy, be very thorough when inspecting, etc. Should be OK. I accepted mine (with its cosmetic flaws) mainly because the price, playability and sound impressed me enough. I don't think I'll buy another one, though.

Last edited:
Back