Drumming In HDB how to deal with "noise"

hey guys,

how does tontine exactly look like? anyone have a picture? i went to spotlight few days ago and the saleperson tell me there is no such thing -.-

thanks need help in reducing snare volume as i am using rhythm traveller..

thanks again!

Tontins

hey guys,

how does tontine exactly look like? anyone have a picture? i went to spotlight few days ago and the saleperson tell me there is no such thing -.-

thanks need help in reducing snare volume as i am using rhythm traveller..

thanks again!

Bro, go to spotlight at Plaza Sing. Ask them for the pillow fillings section. When you're there, look for one with a humpty dumpty on the cover of the packaging. Big sized one costs about 50, small sized one 25.

Bro, go to spotlight at Plaza Sing. Ask them for the pillow fillings section. When you're there, look for one with a humpty dumpty on the cover of the packaging. Big sized one costs about 50, small sized one 25.

That’s too expensive……….just go to any Small-Shops around your neighbourhood that sells those – Pillow Cases, Pillow, Carpets, Matressessetc – and yu will be able to buy them for around S$3.00 for a Pillow-Case size of Tontins - - so for a 5pcs set of Kit

6-7 packet will be enough already – that’s about S$21.00 (if it’s S$3.00 a package) - - sometimes you can get it for S$2.50 only a package…very cheap only.

Safe time – safe $$$$ - don’t need to take too much trouble at all.

That’s too expensive……….just go to any Small-Shops around your neighbourhood that sells those – Pillow Cases, Pillow, Carpets, Matressessetc – and yu will be able to buy them for around S$3.00 for a Pillow-Case size of Tontins - - so for a 5pcs set of Kit

6-7 packet will be enough already – that’s about S$21.00 (if it’s S$3.00 a package) - - sometimes you can get it for S$2.50 only a package…very cheap only.

Safe time – safe $$$$ - don’t need to take too much trouble at all.

wahbiang! my money $$$ :(

oh anyway, how much do you think the noise reduction curtains are?

wahbiang! my money $$$ :(

oh anyway, how much do you think the noise reduction curtains are?

The more you stuff it in by for example - pressing them while filling them into your drums until full – the more the reduction in sound ……..but you would not wanna squeeze too much till you get the “ thug*thug*thug ” kinda sound (let them be loose and don’t press the Totins in) cause that would be too much.

But for practice and since it is for practice only - - as long as your neighbour wont get irritated by the sound – it will be OK.

What I did was - - after I stuff them in – I get my maid to run over to my nearest Neighbour’s door and - - 1st with my front main door all-opened up – then I play using all my might – I then ask her “Loud or not?” – then 2nd – I close my front main door and I play – then ask her again same question …. And usually - She will hears nothing – that means – it’s damn soft….

This means – you can choose to use less Totins – take out some more……

This way – you wont disturb your neighbour and you can enjoy better also – with getting some better sound and reso from your Drums.

You need some Trial to get to what is the best balance for youself and neighbours.

thanks RudimentalDrummer and spinthebottle!

i only need to muffle snare (rhythm traveller hehe and i used old soft toys for bass drum) so i guess i wont need much

i will try my nearby pillow case shop at clementi tmr, i hope i tell them totine they know what is it..

anyway i still have no idea what tontine is.. is it those fillings use to fill pillow one?

yup. is those kind. you know so old soft toy have stuff like sticking out of them, then can pull out?

OHHH i know liao haha! thanks!

hmm didnt manage to get today, but when i get i just put them in a piow case and put in my snare?

erm.. if i am not wrong is put the thing without the pillow case into the snare. only bass drum need to put the thing in pillow case

i live in woodlands, i play drums at home. i am lucky that no one complain. i own a premier olympic. i was playing kinda not loud. one advise. put our kit inside the air-con room. and, you ust turn on while you play. most of your sound will be trap inside your air-con room. so outside, ppl cant really hear much. i was lucky that my neighbours enjoy my drumming. haha, keep on rocking guys!

perhaps one way to reach a compromise with your neighbours is dropping a letter in their mailboxes to give them your phone number and asking them to drop you a call if it is inconveniencing them that you can always stop drumming. That way it can be more peaceful without having to get into arguments and fights with them.

But of course one must try to mute and muffle heir drums as much as possible.

thank you! sometimes people are very fussy. when they know that maybe you can be bullied then just little noise then they will say that is very loud and all.... hahaha.. you'll never know.. this is what i experienced.

Hi guys. I'm getting my 4 room BTO flat keys soon. Was thinking to do some renovation on 1 of my room for soundproofing for drum. Any recommended contractors to do up my room? thank you.

Back