Need a amp modeling software for the focusrite scarlett 2i4

Dacious :
http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-2i4
1) install focusrite scarlett 2i4 ASIO Drivers based off the operating system you are using. Mac/PC (XP/Win7 etc)
2) Set your DAW to use Focusrite's ASIO drivers
3) Configure your DAW to recognise the #1 + #2 inputs of the Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
4) Don't forget configuring the OUTPUT of the #1,2 , which goes to your speakers or you should be able to monitor through headphones. start monitoring/headphone levels low first. maybe 30%.
5) Plug in your guitar into either the front or the rear. front recommended. #1. remember to check the volume knob on your guitar. most of us forget that and have it on zero. as well as the gain knob on the preamp of the audio interface.
6) Load up your DAW session , Create a track monitoring #1 (the guitar plugged in)
7) Load the VST/FX/Plugin Guitar Rig. load a preset template just of a basic amp with distortion or clean . your call
8) strum your guitar? it should detect the levels of the DI (direct input) signal
9) you should be good to record from here on (arm the track to record and go). after managing the monitor levels or adding a backing track etc.

ASIO4ALL is only useful if you don't have an audio interface (which you do!) or you want to combine multiple recording audio interfaces (your realtek onboard audio soundcard + your focusrite + something else) but this comes with latency and glitches. not recommended.

Back