Are you struggling with music theory?

Blinky1994

Hey guys, for those of you are struggling with the basic music theory, I've written a short 5000-page eBook designed to get someone with ZERO knowledge of theory to an equipped level where he/she will be ready to learn by himself/herself.

I'm basically showing you HOW to fish on your own. And this is all free.

Since I can't attach the eBook as the file is too large, you can download it here.

Don't forget to share if you have found it helpful :)

Cheers!
-Ivan

It will help you if you plan to improvise or create originals. Plus, you'll have more musical freedom such as the ability to be fluent in different keys. Just take it step by step and you should be fine :) It's all worth it in the end.

music theory is tough,
I just want to play music
I feel what is hard is actually applying the more complicated music theory to an instrument at an adequate level, especially one where the notes are not aligned as easy to comprehend as the piano.

There are some concepts such as chord construction which are easy to learn and apply which would bring your guitar playing and understanding to a higher level with fairly minimal effort.

Yeap it is challenging in its own way. I forgot to mention this but theory should only be used to explain what you are playing. Use your ears when you play, the ears are better at remembering notes compared to your eyes. And the whole point of music is to use your ears anyway.

Theory is used to put what you play into words.

Just learn slowly, no rush. It took me a couple of years before comprehending the basics at a decent level.

many successful musicians play by ear - self taught
they don't know music theory :eek:

as the saying goes:
pattern more than badminton,
theory more than strawberry :p

talking about strawberry, who went to strawberry fields ?

Strawberry Fields Forever - John Lennon Forever !!! :cool:

many successful musicians play by ear - self taught
they don't know music theory :eek:

as the saying goes:
pattern more than badminton,
theory more than strawberry :p

talking about strawberry, who went to strawberry fields ?

Strawberry Fields Forever - John Lennon Forever !!! :cool:

Yeap, ears first. But it's good to know some theory to explain and understand what you are doing. No harm, only benefits.

I always play by ear myself anyways.

Hey man, it's a great book you've written! Concise and to the point. I cannot stress enough the importance of knowing the language in order to communicate properly. If you don't know theory and sight-reading, you're cutting yourself off from opportunities to play with other musical groups, especially those who ONLY communicate through standard notation (like orchestras and ensembles).

Yes, there's endless sources to learning and mine is just one of them :) What I did is write the lessons out in a step by step manner so it's easy to understand. It's very easy to get confused when presented with loads of information but if you're able to organise and understand the content on your own, then all the better for you!

Learning is eternal and all of us have things to learn no matter what level we are at, so why not help out your peers if you already know things that they are trying to learn? Like they say, sharing is caring :)

Cheers!

Back