Pedalboard Thread 2015 .

IMG_20150417_154016.jpg

Keith, wow it's been awhile! Sweet JPS board haha. The alpine is gorgeous, and good to see you still rocking that 7th!!

VL 4X4 will do you good.

Hey James yeah man can't believe you still hang here too haha. Where are all the old timers. I remember a shredcow and edder and pathein and really awesome people whom I learned so much from. Even you have benefitted greatly from such a guitar-freak community i'm sure!

I've been rocking the seventh the same way all this while, with the boost on and gain not more than halfway. Has lots of sentimental value but I might be letting it go because I feel the music leading me elsewhere hahaha. Its the kind that if I keep the pedal, i will tend to play it the same way. But if it disappears, I would really start to sound different..

Are you still doing rehouses! I really do want my chorus rehoused!

Haha yeah definitely! I let mine go too heh! With much reluctance though!

No man unfortunately not haha. You can hit up another James though.. morning star fx

Hi Keith, I saw that you were asking for some recommendation for new power supply. I was previously a Fuel Tank Jr and had the same issue of not having enough juice to power my Strymon Mobius, Flashback Triple Delay and other pedals.

I ended up using the Free The Tone Power Supply and never looked back.....runs very quiet, and has a very small footprint. You can see it on my pedal board on Page 1 of this thread. :p

Hi Keith, I saw that you were asking for some recommendation for new power supply. I was previously a Fuel Tank Jr and had the same issue of not having enough juice to power my Strymon Mobius, Flashback Triple Delay and other pedals.

I ended up using the Free The Tone Power Supply and never looked back.....runs very quiet, and has a very small footprint. You can see it on my pedal board on Page 1 of this thread. :p

The FTT power supply is possibly the lightest PS available now. They've got some fantastic products! I was rather intrigued by the power supply but I use a VL Mondo already. Maybe for my small board! How much did you pay for that?

Hi Mr Bukka, yeah i do need the quiet. I realised how important it is as i'm slowly starting to crank my amp higher (to play more dynamically), controlling with the volume pedal and such. the noise really gets to me. Where did you purchase your ftt ps?

hi guys

what type of velcro do you use on your boards?
I've been using the ones that comes with pedaltrain boards. somehow when i try to remove my pedals from the board, the velcro gets stuck leaving my pedals without any velcro. any tricks/tips of how to overcome this?

hi guys

what type of velcro do you use on your boards?
I've been using the ones that comes with pedaltrain boards. somehow when i try to remove my pedals from the board, the velcro gets stuck leaving my pedals without any velcro. any tricks/tips of how to overcome this?

First, clean the base of the pedal with lighter fluid or some sort of cleaning agent. Once dry, stick the velcro onto your pedals then let them stay on for a few mins before sticking them on the board. This is to let the adhesive settle in first, this will vary depending on how good the quality of the adhesive is though. The one I have sticks pretty much instantly. The 3M velcro that comes with TC Electronic pedals are pretty disappointing, my Polytune 2's top velcro AWLAYS comes off whenever I peel the pedal off the board. Where as I have never had any issues with the original Velcro brand of velcro on my other pedals.

I've never had any issues with 3M products actually. I've tried their dual-lock, industrial strength and something else I got via a manufacturing firm. Haha. Works wonders, much better than the generic brands you get off the shelf at art friend. The ones that come with the PT stuff are not the best. Same issues I faced.

Hi peter01, I am sorry that I can't remember the actual price that I paid for it. I guess it was about $170 or near that price.....

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mr Bukka, yeah i do need the quiet. I realised how important it is as i'm slowly starting to crank my amp higher (to play more dynamically), controlling with the volume pedal and such. the noise really gets to me. Where did you purchase your ftt ps?

Hi KeithC, I bought my FTT PS at Davis Guitar. I am not sure whether they have it in stock right now, cause mine was the last in stock. Do give them a call to check for availability.

Wow how did I not see this thread before??

I used to collect a lot of pedals but I now believe "less is more". I don't use any when I practice. However, I've been tempted to get some wreckzalpedals and make a minimalist board. The Klon KTR into Carl Martin Plexi into Deep Blue Delay powered by onespot would make a pretty sweet board imo. Too bad I don't have the cash for it right now.

Really? Damn my memory is getting pretty bad.....i think the safest policy is to just check with Davis for the price. I apologise if i have given inaccurate info on that.

The aftermath of extreme G.A.S.. Took me a while to research, design and build my cornish strymon board.. i think i'm done forever.. until strymon releases a new pedal lol
Fractal%20Cornish%20Strymon.jpg

The aftermath of extreme G.A.S.. Took me a while to research, design and build my cornish strymon board.. i think i'm done forever.. until strymon releases a new pedal lol
Fractal%20Cornish%20Strymon.jpg

DUDE THIS IS SICK!! HAHA! OMG! You make all of us look very very sane indeed! LOL!

Back