Forming Acoustic Group covering Japanese Songs (Goose House alike)

leen

Hi all,

I'm looking at forming an acoustic band which will be doing covers of Japanese songs and this will be a "Goose House" alike setup. Some basic information about Goose House:

Goose house (fomerly known as playyouhouse) is a project by a group of singers, songwriters and musicians from Japan.They have been active since 2010 and are best known for their cover performances of Japanese songs, which are posted on YouTube channel. They also do performances on live streams once every month on Ustream and have gained a large international following. They have around 7 members currently.
You may view their youtube videos via this link: http://www.youtube.com/user/playyouhousejp

I'm looking at around 6 members for now and we will be doing mostly youtube videos.
I will be taking one of the vocalist slot and can support the group with some percussion instruments (shaker, xylophone, tambourine etc).

1 Cajunist
2 Guitarists
1 Keyboardist
2 Vocalists

Requirements:

Goosehouse is known for their melodious harmonies so preferably, each of our members should be able to sing and harmonise well enough. Nevertheless, if you are really interested but find yourself lacking in the vocals department, feel free to send me a pm and we can see how to work this out.

Commitment - Able to meetup at least twice per month, well prepared.

Skills and Aptitude - Comfortable with re-arrangements, improvisation and changing of key of the song.

Age - Preferably 20 and above

Lastly, I hope this will be a fun and committed group. So I'm not gonna focus too much on skills as I'm not a very good singer as well. But I hope we will be able to improve together with time. :)

With that being said, feel free to send me a pm with a link to your cover if interested. Thank you!

Last edited:
I really like the sound of goose house but i'm not familiar with japanese songs! :(
If you're ever desperate for a keyboardist though I don't mind giving it a shot! (I don't have experience in a band but i'm a pianist)

Hi Richard,
can you send me a pm with your contact number and perhaps a link to your covers?

Hi, still looking for members? I super love goose house as well. I do vocals but isn't very good. Let me know if I can try out. =)

Hi guitarist here! What locations will you be doing practices at ?

We are still looking for suitable locations at the moment. Send me a pm with your covers if interested. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking for bassist and female vox who can play instruments. Send me a pm with your covers if interested.

Hi there!

I play the Bass! I'm not sure how much importance it would be, to be part of you guys, but i'm interested to try out this whole new genre for me.
I've seen the videos as well, they're awesome!
Oh, I play the Ukelele a little too.
Hopefully to hear from you.
Cheers!
You can email me, aurevoirsg@hotmail.com

Hi...i hv short prior experiences in a band but not covering japanese songs however i love japanese songs and mostly listening and practicing songs from utada hikaru, misia and superfly. Where do i send u the clip?

Back