SOLD WTS: Fender Blues Junior (Full Billm Audio Modifications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob

Price: $700
Condition: 8 / 10
Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvs2GobExMY
Remarks: Cosmetic condition is as shown.

This amp is installed with the full Billm kit, all the inherent shortcomings of the amplifier are fixed. So you just have to change to a speaker of your choice and you will have a very tasty sounding full tube amp.

You can read more about it here: http://billmaudio.com/wp/?page_id=2

I didn’t bother with tubes because I don’t think they make a significant difference IMHO. Anyway, the mod comes with a trim pot to adjust the bias when you change tubes, so it’s much more convenient that way.

Original parts will be included as proof of modification, no original reverb tank though.

Not looking for trades.

If interested, please text me at 9424 5662.
Might not want to PM me as I rarely check it.
Viewing can be arranged.

Thanks for looking.

Details are as follows (From Billm’s website):

- Basic kit
Everything you need to eliminate that boxy sound, add back the “missing” lower octave of bass, take the harsh edge off the distortion tones, and sweeten the clean tones: Orange drop tone stack and coupling capacitors, adjustable bias trimpot, a power supply stiffening capacitor. The adjustable bias is a high-rel, precision, sealed, 25-turn trimpot for setting your bias accurately. The power supply stiffening capacitor doubles the size of the main filter stage, halves the ripple going to the output tubes, and provide solid bass tones that you’ll notice right away.

- Presence control
The presence control affects mid-high frequencies and gives the amp more (or less) bite. It uses Mogami low-noise coaxial cable to connect to the circuit board. I highly recommend this mod—it will give you outstanding control over the amp’s aggressiveness, going from hard-edged to mellow.

- Switchcraft all-metal Input Jack
You can replace the plastic input jack with an all-metal Switchcraft jack (the industry standard). It comes prewired with Mogami low-noise coaxial cable and includes two Switchcraft isolation washers (one flat, one shoulder washer) to eliminate the possibility of ground loop hum.

- Audio-taper reverb control
Hate the way the master volume gets too loud too fast? An audio-taper control solves the problem, and makes the loudness smooth and progressive. It extends the range in the same way, making it smoothly progressive at the low end, so if you’re always stuck between too little and too much reverb, it’s an easy fix.

- Low Profile TO20 Output Transformer
The design increases the “Q” of the output circuit and provides a higher damping factor. The amp thus controls the speaker more accurately, which is especially beneficial for low frequencies. Flaws like woofy, flabby or farty tone are a thing of the past. Overdrive tones are sweeter, harmonics are richer. Frequency response extends well past the range of hearing, so nothing is left behind.
Output transformers seldom make an amp louder; they’re mostly about tone quality. But they do improve headroom by reducing distortion.

- Ruby Red Reverb Tank
This tank has a swirlier and longer reverb tank than the stock version. People often upgrade their reverbs to this Ruby 3EB2C1B from Mojotone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back