Native Instrument : KOMPLETE KONTROL

soft

Administrator
Staff member
img-KOMPLETE_KONTROL_overview_01_gallery-intro_01_2x-1598b6b0d60ca74aa1a25a49f349053a-d.jpg

Native Instruments will be launching their latest keyboard controller - KOMPLETE KONTROL.

• KOMPLETE Browser and Native Map™ turn KOMPLETE into a physical instrument
  • Semi-weighted Fatar keybed with aftertouch in a choice of 25, 49, or 61 keys
  • First-of-its-kind Light Guide™ system and unique Clear View display

Read more details from Native Instruments' website

From his fingering, it's obvious he's not a pianist. Which is the key of the Kontrol - it's still primary designed for the electronic musician and DJs like many of the NI products. Probably also why it's only up to 61 keys. I can see some of the features can be helpful for the gigging keyboardist using Komplete - esp the ease of use so one doesn't have to fiddle around with the laptop.

I will like to see it designed more for the keyboardist in mind in the future - at least 76 keys, built in audio interface, layering of Komplete instruments (e.g. between FM8 and Kontakt) and larger LED interface for ease of selection of instruments etc. At the moment, I'm using Cantabile software to host the various Komplete VSTs.

But the travelling sometimes make a laptop setup cumbersome - too many wires, external hard-drive and audio interface, heavy keyboard etc. I'm switching back to pure hardware. Using MicroKorg for the past 2 times I played - terrible small keys and horrible touch sensitivity, but ok sounds and very portable. If NI comes up with a very portable solution targeted at keyboardists, I may switch back again to live playing with Komplete.

Anyway, I think it's not a bad product for the DJs. Good for them!

Back