Orange Crush Bass 25w / 50w combo

oldskoolstreet

I discovered that Solid State Bass amps like the Orange Crush are really good for electric guitars. I had the chance of trying all my 3 Ibanez guitars and a couple of Fender Strats/Teles (including a Rory Gallagher Custom Strat) on a 50w Orange Crush 50BxT, and Man I tell you it was the most awesome big clean tone that I had ever heard. As I cranked the Gain and Volume up, the tone erupted into an amazing slow natural drive.. only to remind me of the Good Old Days of the Fender '59 Bassman.

Go Orange Folks, both for the Bass and the Guitar.

10/10 for this amp, (and the Tiny Terror too)

That's true, I've heard of this and tried a few bass amps before, like the Ashdown and a couple
of Laney bass amps. They all seem to give my tone a certain boominess and low end response that
is missing on a lot of lead amplifiers.

nonetheless, i think it all depends on what kind of music youre playing and what your sound is. I think people who appreciate the high ends of guitar playing would prefer a guitar amp over a bass amp. For example, no bass amp in the world can come close to sounding like a Vox AC30 handwired or a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier.

Then again, we're all dealing with entry-level/mid-range amps, so perhaps bass amps are the way to go if youre practising at home, gigging with a band on a small scale.

Keep on playing man.

Back