Friendly, patient and fun piano teacher available at Newton

cse1217

Hi all who are interested in learning piano or finding a FUN, Experienced, Patient, Flexible female piano teacher for yourself or your child, please PM me at 91468438.

Background and Qualifications
It was early in life – at the age of 8 – when Sheng en started to learn how to play piano. It was then that she discovered her love for music. She has attained distinction in Associate Diploma in Piano Performance (ATCL) and merit in Grade 8 theory under Trinity College London in 2009. Her interest in music led her to obtain a Minor in Music, merit in “A” level music and distinction in “O” level music. With her qualifications in O level and A level music, she is equipped with strong analysis as well as solid theory foundation to teach and inspire students under her to achieve strong music theory knowledge. She also has the ability to write scores using music software.

Teaching Experience
As an experienced piano teacher with more than 10 years of experience teaching private students and in music school ranging from 3.5 to 35 years old for both classical exams and leisure, she believes there learning piano has no age limit and her mission is to inspire the student’s interest in music and nurture them to learn how to play music in an enjoyable manner. She teaches useful techniques for graded exams and also able to teach students accompaniment skills to play the songs they like. She is also able to teach student how to play both secular and sacred songs as a soloist as well as an accompanist.

For students interested in composing, she is able to provide insights to their composition as she had been through composition class in both “A” level as well in University. Her music appreciation ranges widely from pop to classical, jazz and Christian music. In addition, she also gives aural training skills if the student is interested to learn how to play by ear.

Not only does she teach piano, she is also to teach basic playing techniques and knowledge on musical instruments such as drums, guitar, ukulele and other percussion instruments.

Character
She is very passionate, dedicated and enjoys teaching piano. She is also patient, committed, flexible and loves children. Students feel comfortable and enjoy learning from her. She is approachable and confident to handle both adult and young students. Her passion has motivated her student to develop deeper interest in music and make learning an enjoyable process.

Performance Experience
She has more than 15 years of experiences playing as a pianist in church with a band and also 6 years of experience playing in school band as a percussionist which gives her a strong sense of rhythmic and melodic skills to train the students under her. She has also participated in Singapore Youth Festival as a percussionist. She also has experience in piano accompaniment in Church choirs, weddings and students’ exams. She also has her own youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/cse1217 to showcase her performance skills on popular music as well as some of her own compositions.

Venue of piano lessons conducted
At her home studio one bus stop away from Newton mrt. However, at some student’s request, she also conducts lesson at student’s home which includes the following areas: Orchard, Newton, Novena, Bukit Timah, Whampoa, etc. Free trial lesson provided at her home studio.

Contact details and information
If you are interested to learn piano from her, please PM or email her at choo.sheng.en@gmail.com with the following details:
1) Your name
2) Contact number
3) Age of student
4) Venue of lesson (with postal code)
5) Preferred days and time for lessons
6) Learning piano for leisure and/or graded exam
a. If for leisure, specify any specific type of music
b. If for graded exam, specify what is the highest grade obtained

Last edited:
Did a piano score arrangement requested by my piano student of the Ghost anime ost. It's a very short but with very nice harmonies. If you like anime music, you can consider learning this piece: Tree's Filtered Sunlight.

Piano level: Intermediate

Check out my recording at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcz66ZJ9Z-Y

Last edited:
Hi all who are interested in learning piano or finding a FUN, Experienced, Patient, Flexible female piano teacher for yourself or your child, please PM me at 91468438. Trial lessons available.

Hi all, if you interested to learn how to play church songs, english/chinese/korean/japanese pop songs, you can contact me for a trial lesson! Just PM me. Thanks! :)

Back