need some advise from experts!

adriano

Hi got a question - I'm using computer powered speakers (not monitors) to connect my guitar effects and into my com for recording and playing. But because those are not monitors, it sounded very bassy. Using cakewalk, are there mixer from the software that I can tweak the output audio to somewhere neutral? Don wanna spend again on getting a set of monitors speakers. Thanks if any of you guys could help me out here. Just learning to try some recording and playing thru the computer interface.

Cakewalk what? Sonar ??

What operating system are you using? And what audio interface?

1) some OS allows you to configure your output sound (eg sndvol32.exe for windows) to tweak the bass and treble etc

2) if your pc speakers have a bass subwoofer volume level...

3) on the master fader channel/ output buss of your recording session just add a final eq tweak to reduce the lows. Before exporting the file to upload online, remember to bypass the fx

Hi thanks for helping , Windows 8 using sonar3 and just using the line 6 hd500x as an audio interface. So im not using any guitar amp. It's possible to tweak cakewalk before recording to get it sound right? Because when I plug my monitor headphones into the hd500x it's sounds good. Thanks

ok let me get it straight and correct me if i'm wrong...

guitar > hd500x settings@ > AIF audio interface > [#1 monitor headphones > sound good.] >> cake walk sonar DAW > #2 PC Speakers > sounds bassy.

you don't want at @ stage to have bass reduced just so it sounds good on your #2 speakers but sounds crap on your #1 monitor headphones.

do the check for 1) , and 2) which i mentioned earlier.

for 3) inside cake walk sonar DAW , the "Master Bus/Master Fader/etc" whatever it's called. basically the final channel before it outputs to your speakers/mp3. add a EQ to reduce the bass so it sounds good on your speakers. n before you start to export and distribute /upload on youtube. bypass it. and test elsewhere where the mix "travels" and sounds good on other hearing mediums. since you already know that your speakers have this unwanted bass boost that comes along with it.

Back