DSI P08 Programming

Lefthand

Hi.

I'm looking for someone who has the P08 that could give me some help on how to program it....
It is my first synth and although I am quite familiar with how synths work I still lack enough knowledge of how to make my own patches. Any owners out there who could give me an introduction??

Oki, there's not much activity here so I'm gonna ask if there are any enthusiasts here that are skilled in synth programming that would give me a lesson. I could even bring my P08 to your place and that would give U the chance to try this beauty.

not too sure what is your current understanding of synthesis, so i guess it hard for folks to advise.

But congrats on owning the DSI P08!

creating a sound usually( not neccessarily in this order) begins with selecting the basic sound wave, then tweaking it with filters to give it the character /color you want, and finally setting the envelope : ADSR( attack, decay, sustain release). Add the effects( reverb, delay, phaser, etc) for the finishing touch.

Above is are just 4 steps to get anyone started ,but theres a site below that gives detailed explainations of 6 steps, including velocity and LFOs...

http://tweakheadz.com/programmer/

Step 1: Set oscillators
(or samples)

Step 2: Filter

Step 3: Envelopes

Step 4: Velocity

Step 5: LFOs

Step 6: Effects

The concept is more or less the same in every synth i gues,s, but i guess the fun is finding out where the menus, commands and buttons are located each time we get our hands on a new synth.

I find the 4 basic steps very useful: its applicable to every synth i have.

Sorry if this sounds too basic.

Back