Firewire Card Recommendation

Vax

Hi guys,

Maybe I'm not searching using the right terms, but I can't seem to find any info on what FireWire cards can be used on an older PC system. I have a duocore (yes it's that old) motherboard running Windows XP and I want to have FireWire capability. This just opens the possibilities of me getting a firewire interface. May I ask if anyone can tell me what kind of cards, make/model I should look at?

Thanks!
JC

Hi JC,

Firewire is tricky because some interfaces only like to play with some types of cards.

To solve this problem, we have a range of cards of various make/models to try before you buy. All you need to do is to bring your interface down to our shop and we would be able to find one which would work for you.

Cheers!

Thanks! Yes I'd be glad to come down and check out which card will best suit my setup. Cheers!

to have firewire capability on an old Mobo , usually the option is to use a Firewire PCI card which most audio guys/musicians say "Texas Instruments chipset" , but I NEVER had an issue using Echo Audio Firewire4 with my onboard Firewire (VIA chipset) nor even if I was using a cheap Firewire (VIA chipset also) PCI card which costed about $25 from some dodgy backalley lobby computer shop in simlim, the rest of the shops sold at $50, ripoff.

the only thing is it comes down to maintenance of your operating system because windows XP is not known to be stable. (I'm still using XP and I reformat/restore using driving imaging softwares like Acronis or free ones like Drive Image XML. If you don't know what I'm talking about please make sure you proceed with caution as reformatting/restoring will wipe your data)

Back