Bringing your own bass drum pedal to live gigs?

Delameguy123

Hi,

Had an issue recently in a gig where the bass drum pedal isn't really comfortable enough for me to handle the bass drum hits needed (Too much tension, footboard angle too high) and I was wondering what do you drummers do in that situation.. do you bring tools to adjust the pedal, or do you bring your own pedal? If you do bring your own pedal, what pedal would you recommend? Thanks a lot for the advice.

I believe most drummers here would just make do with the pedal provided at the venue but if you need any adjustments, it's best to bring your own pedal. Why waste time during your setup/soundcheck fiddling and adjusting the pedal when you could just bring your own and already have it set up properly prior to the show?

It's hard to recommend a pedal because it's all about how you feel when you play it. Some people like a certain brand/model, others don't. Some popular brands and models would be:
Yamaha Flying Dragons
Tama Iron Cobras
Tama Demon Drive
Pearl Eliminators
DWs

Do your own research and select a few that are within your budget and what you're looking for in a pedal. Head over to Yamaha or peninsula/excelsior and go for a test drive and get the one you feel the best while playing.

Good luck!

Back