Recommendation of Upgrade from UX2

Liquidribs

Hello my fellow softies,

I've been using my ux2 for close to 2 years and I have decided to buy another interface

The UX2 is a good startup item, however i'm facing some issues currently:

1. I don't mind having more than 2 xlr inputs with phantom power
2. a midi input would help me greatly (i'm using an old yamaha keyboard that has a midi out )
3. The Knobs are too light and sensitive for my taste. I would prefer something that has more resistance when turning?
4. Something more stable with less crashes
5. full mic control? I'm quite a ttech retard and currently ther problem I face is If i want to control the properties of each mic, I have to go into the pod farm to adjust each level, and if it crashes some of the settings will be gone and no matter how i adjust even when I saved it before, the mic sensitivity will be slightly different.
6. Do not need vast amount of VST as I don't really use them and If needed I can still use my ux2

are there any peeps out there able to give me suggestions on a good workhorse you have used and relied on for probably under 500? Thank you guys so much

1.audio interfaces these days of all brands, line6,presonus,maudio,focusrite,echo,zoom all comes with 2,4,6,8 inputs in one unit. (i'm using zoom r16 , pls take note only 2 channels have phantom power. but I have an external preamp that adds another 2 with phantom power)

2. I'm using an Echo AudioFire4 with midi input. I think i recall some focusrite ones or maudio also have.

3. stick bluetag around it to add the resistance or drink more soy products to promote female hormones bring out the gentler side in you when turning knobs with your powerhouse muscular hands. kidding. hehe.

4. Echo Audio / RME / Apogee (if mac) . So far Zoom drivers are quite stable. no issues.

5. Varies depends on what products you use. If Echo Audio's Echo 2 has a touch design but that doesn't count in your situation because you want XLR inputs. Then just watch out for those "In-Software/DSP Mixer etc thingamajig" audio interface functions.

6. wouldn't the ASIO driver lock up for just one audio interface? then you would have to lechey switch in between.

7.I bought my Zoom R16 at $500 city music promo 4 years ago. Echo AudioFire 4 for $400 2nd hand. 2,3 years ago I think. can't remember. but works beautifully no issues at all. to meet that budget try 2nd hand then.

Back