Beginner Needs Help On Recording Software

X-Men

Hi brothers & sisters, I'm a beginner here would like to know how can i connect my guitar to my laptop for recording purpose and what kind of basic guitar recording software can you guys recommend me? I would like to record some riffs here and there and clueless of finding any suitable software for beginners like me. Your help is seriously appreciated. Looking forward to hear from anyone here!

Hi,

If you don't mind spending a little bit of $$ you should get an audio interface for this.

Essentially, an audio interface is this box that allow you to plug your guitar into, while it gives you a USB output that can be directly plugged into your laptop. This is the most common way of getting your guitar into the computer at good audio quality.

I believe an audio interface can be bought for around $150 these days and should even come with some free software that you could use for recording!
Otherwise, do a google search for free recording software. There should be a few :)

Hi!

Firstly you would need an audio interface to connect your guitar to your laptop. This is also called an external sound card.

Some audio interface comes with a free software for recording your guitar.

You would like to consider how many inputs you require your interface to have.

A Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 would be a good place to start as it is small and portable.

Jymusic580, You had been such an excellent help, I sincerely appreciate it. Another question is, where can i find that product and how much will it cost me? I would like to get a rough estimation of the price. Thank you once again. Thank you qfactor as well for the advice.

The usual places of music like Luthermusic, Sinamex, City Music, Yamaha, Swee Lee should have many brands of digital interfaces at different prices that would suit your budget.
Do also check if they come with free recording software with the interface, so that you can save of software! ;)
Have fun!

Q

Jymusic580, You had been such an excellent help, I sincerely appreciate it. Another question is, where can i find that product and how much will it cost me? I would like to get a rough estimation of the price. Thank you once again. Thank you qfactor as well for the advice.

Back