Funk Rock Bass Guitarist - looking for musicians to jam with

Dan Baker

My name is Dan and I am a funk / rock bass guitarist looking for musicians to jam with and maybe form a group. I have played funk / rock guitar in bands for many years in the UK and have now switched to playing the bass as I want to explore and develop my wild and aggressive funky style of playing on a different instrument.

I have far too many influences to list here however to give you an idea of my style of playing here are a few bands that have been a definite influence on my bass and guitar playing – Incubus (specifically early albums), Rage Against the Machine, Primus, O’Funk’illo.

I love so many different styles of music, but I love to play funky, wild and aggressive music with weird time signatures that constantly keeps people guessing.

I’m not so much interested in meeting the most ‘polished’ or ‘accomplished’ musicians out there as meeting musicians who play from the heart. It’s all about the love for the music and the energy and enthusiasm that goes into what you play- rather then what grade you are, how good your technique is or how many notes you can play every second!

If you have the same kind of attitude towards playing and writing music then get in touch and we’ll see what happens. Dan - 84371902 or danbaker65@googlemail.com

Back