guitar and laptop recording problem

marx

hi all,
I'm new here. I bought usb cable to connect guitar and laptop and use guitar rig 5 software, I checked that all are correct but when I play guitar, there is no sound. I tried to find the solution but I can't. I tried with other recording software such as goldwave, protools and some more but i forgot the names but i can't. In recording section, I enable c-media usb cable or something to on, but it doesn't work.
please help.
Thanks in advanced.

I'm not sure I get everything you are trying to say. Are you trying to record your guitar with some kind of USB mic (from C-media)? I'm not sure I get what you mean by "connect guitar and laptop". What is the connection like?

yes, with c-media, one side is usb and the other side goes to guitar connector. sry for my bad english.

Make sure you've installed your C-media driver and that you've selected the right drivers from within Guitar Rig. If you are using the build-in soundcard in your notebook, I suggest downloading ASIOforall.

Do a simple test first. Play something and see if Windows Sound Recorder detects a signal. You do need to make sure in Windows, your "recording devices" setting is set to your C-media (from icon in the taskbar).

On your laptop (Mac or Window), check you audio device, it should be selection to get the sound from the new device you have for the input. Should not be mic if you are using USB.

My interface for the last mile to the computer is a C1-steinbrg, what's yours?

Hey make sure that your all drivers all installed properly or just change software. I belive there are lots of software to help you record instruments on PC. Just type in google. you should check Audacity download.
For me there is best choice:
Free Downloadable DAW’s

Back