The Music Lab

Hi Jeff,

sorry, the admin team usually replies within 48hrs. Yes, guitar lessons are available in group classes. Do call 63382991 if you need more info.

Cheers!

Dammit

First off, I wanna say that I've heard about this school for a really long time, and I've been wanting to join the drum class for the same duration. After reading this thread, I am more than convinced that this is the right place for me.

Secondly, I wanna say that I am not a drummer, but by God, that's what I wanna be. I have never sat behind a drumkit, and I have never been in a situation where I have had the opportunity to do so. But I'm 18 and I thought maybe it's time for me to do so.

Thidly, I wanna say that I've been saving up some cash, and I worked my ass off to get the money to finally be able to sign up for Alvin's class.

Finally, I wanna say...dammit. In all my planning, there's one thing I overlooked: parents. Short version, they said no. Long version, they said hell no.

I guess the only thing I can say is, I wish that one day, I'll be able to play the drums well, someway somehow. Sorry Music Lab. Today, you lost a willing and able student.

Hi OMR,

I totally understand your frustrations. I had my first pair of sticks slammed on my table when my dad first found them. Everyone hated the idea of me playing the drum kit and I had to wait til I was 16.

You really don't need any school to get you started. I began watching friends jam and worked out how a basic groove works and began tapping on imaginary drumkits for the longest time. Now, info is much more readily available via the Internet. You can try getting started there first and begin working out some basic coordination exercises and basic sticking exercises. You are only 3 years away from turning 21. If you stay focused, by then you would've some crazy hands going (provided that you picked out the right videos to watch)!

There is so much you can do to keep this passion alive and going so don't give up! Come hangout at the lab sometime and we can have a chat. Just keep the flame burning!!

Is that Chow Kiat in the Video ? … Teaching in Music Lab now ? He is awesomeeeeee. Not nly play very well…Stick-Tricks is very very good also.

hey alvin,
have read much bout you :) im actually rather interested in beginner lessons and was wondering bout the pricing for the course. will all lessons be taught by you? haha. hope to hear from you soon. thnx

Hi,

There are about 6 drum instructors at the lab. It really depends whose schedule can fit yours. Do drop by the school or call up the school to find out more....

Cheers!

I've just enrolled in this skool abt a month ago, however, i'm doing bass.

i remember very clearly on my 1st lesson that there were some pple jammin' to some stuff from jaco pastrious.

i gotta say tht i was impress by the drummer as he was tight esp the stroke he has for the snare. i do not know who the drummer is, whether he's the instructor there or jus a student.

Hello! Do say hi when you are at the lab next. Who is your bass instructor? Everyone loves Jaco...so it's a bit hard to tell who though...

The bomb has landed!!!

a133e82b.jpg

107ff4cc.jpg

Hello! Do say hi when you are at the lab next. Who is your bass instructor? Everyone loves Jaco...so it's a bit hard to tell who though...

hey alvin, no prob, as long as i find out how u look like :p

i only know the bass instructors, bani and yazzid.

bani is teaching me while i know yazzid cause i went for his gig last sun at esplanade

except for them, i haven't spoke to anyone there, maybe the cute looking receptionist but i've forgotten her name already :D

Last edited:
Sure thing Alvin! Will find a day to bring my friend down to register at the lab and catch up with you folks soon. I miss the western food at the foodcourt!

Back